- Today’s main news: Coinbase Wallet adds support for Ethereum Classic. Bitcoin SV enters top 10. Binance renames USDT market to Combined Stablecoin Market. First digital pound sterling mined, minted, used. South Korea to develop blockchain voting system.
- Today’s main analysis: Blockchain development could add $3T to international trade by 2030.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Can blockchain save Overstock? Exploring mainstream media’s crypto sentiment. The evolution of ICO. Making crypto more environmentally sustainable. Cryptos grow in number they fall in value.
- Coinbase Wallet adds Ethereum Classic support. This was expected and looked forward to, now it’s here.
- Bitcoin SV enters top 10. A part of me wonders if Coinbase’s suspension of Bitcoin Cash is at least partly responsible for this.
- What will blockchain do to Overstock stock price? If Overstock has failed to be a major competitor without the blockchain, I don’t see how the blockchain will make a difference in the short term.
- Exploring mainstream media’s sentiment toward cryptocurrencies. I don’t think we need a tool to tell us there have been positive and negative sentiments across the board. The value of this tool is that it can tell us the long-term trends in sentiment. If it can see granularly and drill down to specific media, it would be a valuable tool.
- The ongoing evolution of ICO. A rehash of some key events, but a good read.
- How Coinbase and Andreesen Horowitz share talent.
- Coinbase re-enables Bitcoin Cash transactions.
- Coinbase launches trading desk for institutional investors.
- Bitcoin slide halts momentarily.
- The latest crypto plunge makes fans loopy.
- Pompliano says Bitcoin is the best performing asset class in the last decade.
- Paxful says demand for Bitcoin is growing.
- Nasdaq to pursue Bitcoin futures.
- The great cryptocurrency paradox.
- The U.S. dollar influences crypto prices.
- Former NYSE CEO to head crypto code of conduct group.
- Securitize receives $12.75 million investment.
- Tim Draper says cryptocurrencies will consume half of fiat market.
- What is needed for cryptocurrencies to go mainstream.
- Nvidia’s, AMD’s Q3 desktop GPU shipments tumble 16%.
- The first tokenized REIT.
- SpankChain paid $70,000 in crypto to cam girls in six months.
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley go live on IBM blockchain.
- Vitalik Buterin criticizes IBM blockchain.
- Foundation for Interwallet Operability.
- Smart contract developers should lawyer up.
- Blockchain, artificial intelligence accelerate each other’s growth.
- Judge says Blockvest ICO is not a security.
- SEC chair cold toward digital currency ETFs.
- Ledger opens New York office.
- Blockchain deployment could add $3 trillion to international trade by 2030. This is a very interesting report, and a good read.
- Blockchain market to be worth $28 billion or more by 2025.
- Making cryptocurrency environmentally sustainable.
- Cryptocurrencies are growing in number but losing value. It’s likely that the proliferation of cryptocurrencies are hampering the overall value of the market. Is it over-saturated?
- 10 Bitcoin price predictions for 2019.
- 6 cryptos to watch during the carnage.
- ICOs withdraw from Ethereum.
- BitTorrent accepts TRON, BNB, and Bitcoin for pro and ads-free products.
- Binance renames USDT market to Combined Stablecoin Market.
- Binance adds Paxos to stablecoin market.
- French supermarket giant puts organic carrots on blockchain.
- United Kingdom: First digital pound sterling mined, minted, used.
- South Korea to develop blockchain voting system.
- Australia: BitTrade launches equity crowdfunding round on Equitise.
- Cayman: BitMart lists Qtum.
- United Kingdom: XRP could become No. 1.
- Korea: Binance says Binance Korea not related.
- Philippines: Crypto investments turn economic zone around.
- Thailand: Satang Corporation pioneers security token offering.
- UAE: UNLOCK Blockchain Forum lists first batch of speakers.
- United States
- Coinbase Wallet Adds Support for Ethereum Classic (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- How an $ 8 billion Silicon Valley startup has shared talent with one of its most prominent investors (recode), Rated: A
- Coinbase re-enables sends/receives of BCH on various Coinbase platforms (BCFocus), Rated: B
- Coinbase Launches Trading Desk For Institutional Investors (Cheddar), Rated: A
- Bitcoin SV Enters Top Ten, Markets Still Falling (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin slide halts as market attempts to form a short-term bottom (MarketWatch), Rated: A
- The latest bitcoin plunge is making its fans loopy (Los Angeles Times), Rated: A
- Bitcoin Is World’s Best Performing Asset Class Over Past 10 Years, Says Pompliano (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- A Site Enabling Anyone to Buy Bitcoin Using 300 Payment Methods Says the Demand is Growing (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- Nasdaq Plans to Pursue Bitcoin Futures Despite Plunging Prices, Sources Say (Bloomberg), Rated: A
- Overstock: Blockchain For Free (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
- Crypto: Exploring The Sentiment Of Mainstream Media Outlets (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- The Ongoing Evolution Of The ICO (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- The Cryptocurrency Paradox And Why Crypto Is Failing (Forbes), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency Analysis: The U.S. Dollar Influences the Price (Forbes), Rated: A
- Former NYSE CEO to head up crypto code of conduct group (MarketWatch), Rated: A
- Coinbase and others invest $ 12.75M in project to create digital security offerings (TechCrunch), Rated: A
- Tim Draper: Cryptocurrencies Will Consume Half the Fiat Currency Market (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- What We Need For Cryptocurrencies To Go Mainstream (Forbes), Rated: A
- Nvidia and AMD’s Q3 desktop GPU shipments tumble 16% after cryptocurrency crash (PC GamesN), Rated: A
- Real Estate on the Blockchain: $ 20 Million Sale ‘Tokenizes’ Student Residence (Fortune), Rated: A
- SpankChain Has Paid Camgirls $ 70,000 Worth of Crypto in 6 Months (CoinDesk), Rated: A
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley Go Live With CLS’ IBM-Powered Blockchain (CoinDesk), Rated: A
- Ethereum Co-founder Sounds Off On IBM Blockchain (PYMNTS), Rated: B
- New Foundation to Focus on Crypto Wallet Interoperability (Bitcoin Magazine), Rated: A
- Smart Contract Developers – Beware and Lawyer Up! (National Law Review), Rated: A
- AI & Blockchain Accelerating Each Other’s Growth (Globe Newswire), Rated: A
- Judge to SEC: This Initial Coin Offering Isn’t a Security (Law.com), Rated: A
- SEC Chair Pours Cold Water on Digital Currency ETFs (Fortune), Rated: B
- Crypto Wallet Provider Ledger Opens New Office In New York (BlockTribune), Rated: B
- Blockchain Deployment Could Add $ 3 Trillion in International Trade by 2030 (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- Blockchain Market to Be Worth over $ 28 Billion by 2025 (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- Making Cryptocurrency More Environmentally Sustainable (Harvard Business Review), Rated: AAA
- Cryptocurrencies: growing in number but falling in value (Reuters), Rated: AAA
- 10 Bitcoin Price Predictions for 2019 – One Forecasts 1,000% Gains (Money Morning), Rated: A
- 6 cryptocurrencies to watch during this crypto market carnage time (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
- ICOS ARE WITHDRAWING ETHEREUM AS JUSTIN SUN SAYS ‘MIGRATE’ TO TRON (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
- BitTorrent Now Accepts TRON, Binance Coin, and Bitcoin for its Pro & Ads Free Products (Blokt), Rated: A
- European Union
- Binance Renames Its USDT Market to Combined Stablecoin Market (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- Binance Adds Paxos Standard (PAX) To its New Stablecoin Market (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
- A French supermarket giant is blockchainifying organic carrots (The Next Web), Rated: A
- United Kingdom
- First Digital Pound Sterling Ever is Mined, Minted, and Used (AP News), Rated: AAA
- Past Trends Indicate XRP Could Take No. 1 Spot (CryptoDaily), Rated: A
- Australia’s Digital Currency Exchange Bit Trade Launches Equity Crowdfunding Round On Equitise (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
- South Korea to develop blockchain voting system (ZDNet), Rated: AAA
- Binance confirms ‘Binance Korea’ not related to exchange (BCFocus), Rated: A
- Crypto investments turn Philippine economic zone around (Coingeek), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency pioneer plans security token offering (The Nation), Rated: B
- UNLOCK Blockchain Forum in UAE Announces first Batch of Stellar Speakers (Unlock-BC), Rated: B
- BitMart lists Qtum, the first proof-of-stake smart contract platform (Cryptoninjas), Rated: AAA
Coinbase Wallet Adds Support for Ethereum Classic (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
How an $ 8 billion Silicon Valley startup has shared talent with one of its most prominent investors (recode), Rated: A
Coinbase and Andreessen Horowitz have a special connection.
The news last week that Mike Lempres, one of Coinbase’s higher-ranking executives, was departing the company for a job at Andreessen Horowitz was only the latest bond between the $8 billion dollar cryptocurrency-trading startup and the buzzy venture capital firm.
According to an update of the Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork on the Coinbase blog, the exchange has re-enabled sends/ receives of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on various Coinbase platforms such as Coinbase Prime, Pro, Coinbase.com, Coinbase app on iOS, and Coinbase app on Android.
Coinbase Launches Trading Desk For Institutional Investors (Cheddar), Rated: A
Coinbase has debuted OTC trading for its Prime customers.
“We launched our OTC business as a complement to our exchange business because we found a lot of institutions were using OTC as an on-ramp for crypto trading,” said Christine Sandler, head of sales at Coinbase. “We felt this was a huge benefit to our clients to actually leverage both our exchange and our OTC business.”
Bitcoin SV Enters Top Ten, Markets Still Falling (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
A baby bounce that saw Bitcoin get back to $4,000 died as quick as it started as BTC is falling again today. Over the past 24 hours Bitcoin has bounced off support at $3,650 twice and it looks like this will not hold again. At the time of writing BTC was down 7% on the day trading just above $3,700.
ETH is also down 8% from yesterday’s minor gains, currently at $105. The top ten is painting a grim picture once again as most cryptos are sliding between 6 and 9 percent on the day. Stellar has taken the biggest dive and Monero has been knocked out of the top ten by a new entry.
Coinmarketcap has updated its listings to include Bitcoin SV which has a cap of just around $1.8 billion and is trading down 3% on the day at just below $105. This new addition has come in at eighth spot above Litecoin and Cardano.
Bitcoin slide halts as market attempts to form a short-term bottom (MarketWatch), Rated: A
After a dire stretch for bitcoin, one chart observer said signs point to a potential bottom around current levels. “After dropping in excess of 40% in the last two weeks, with very little news to drive the move, bitcoin is trying to build a base around the $3,500 – $3,700 level in the last three days,” wrote Nick Cawley, markets analyst at Daily FX.
The latest bitcoin plunge is making its fans loopy (Los Angeles Times), Rated: A
Let me start by saying that if you bought bitcoin at $830 and hung on tight, congratulations — you’ve more than quadrupled your money. (That price was hit in December 2013 and again in December 2016.) But you’re a member of a very small cadre, probably a bitcoin insider, since both dates preceded the frenzied period, starting in late 2017.
My sympathies are entirely with those who got sucked in, buying at $10,000 or higher because they heard that bitcoin was the coming thing, the elevator doors were closing at the ground floor and the only direction from here was up.
Bitcoin Is World’s Best Performing Asset Class Over Past 10 Years, Says Pompliano (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
Crypto industry investor Anthony Pompliano says Bitcoin (BTC) will likely fall to 85 percent below its all-time-highs – around $3,000. Pompliano gave his forecast during an interview on CNBC’s Squawk Box Nov. 26.
“First, [Bitcoin] is the most secure transaction settlement layer in the world, so it’s got to be worth something […] it’s the best performing asset class over the past ten years – it’s outperformed S&P, DOW, NASDAQ, etc. during the longest bull run. It experienced two 85 percent drops during that time, but [it’s] still up over 400 percent in the last two years.”
A Site Enabling Anyone to Buy Bitcoin Using 300 Payment Methods Says the Demand is Growing (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
A company that enables visitors to buy Bitcoin using more than 300 payment methods has reported growth in the number of transactions being completed using US dollars – and says it is determined to dismantle the issues people have in earning and transferring their money freely.
Paxful was launched in 2015, and has the goal of making it simple to buy cryptocurrency – a boon for people who haven’t done so before.
Nasdaq Plans to Pursue Bitcoin Futures Despite Plunging Prices, Sources Say (Bloomberg), Rated: A
Nasdaq Inc. is moving ahead with a plan to list Bitcoin futures, according to two people familiar with the matter, betting on sustained interest despite the cryptocurrency’s dramatic plunge over the past year.
Overstock: Blockchain For Free (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
Despite a once-promising retail business, Overstock.com (OSTK) has never amounted to much in the retail space. The company has been one of the more aggressive investors in blockchain technology and users of cryptocurrencies. The pivot to the latter might be exactly what the stock needs to rally from a current price of around $17.50.
Crypto: Exploring The Sentiment Of Mainstream Media Outlets (Forbes), Rated: AAA
While mainstream media outlets can be valuable sources of information, digital currency enthusiasts can benefit significantly from knowing the particular slant these publications take when covering this innovative field.
One good way to study this would be reviewing a recent report produced by blockchain startup Clovr, which reveals that the sentiment of cryptocurrency articles produced by these outlets varies widely.
The report, titled Mainstream Media’s Sentiment Toward Cryptocurrency, looked at 48 publications, using sentiment analysis tools to examine more than 7,500 pieces of content that went live between Jan. 1, 2013, and July 31, 2018.
The Ongoing Evolution Of The ICO (Forbes), Rated: AAA
The term Initial Coin Offering (ICO) entered the public lexicon last year, when many cryptocurrencies experienced astounding growth, and this new high-tech form of raising capital was introduced to the world by the media coverage that ensued. But ICOs in their various iterations date back almost five years.
Mastercoin: The First Crowdsourced ICO
The first fundraising event that could be considered an ICO occurred in July 2013, when the Mastercoin project — now known as Omni (OMNI) — raised 4740 bitcoins to build their new platform. At the time, this was worth approximately $500,000 (today, it would be around $30 million).
The DAO Hack, SAFT And The Golden Age Of The ICO
In 2016, a project built on the Ethereum blockchain called the Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) was launched. The basic idea behind the DAO was a decentralized funding model in which members could pitch new projects to the community, disperse funds as they saw fit and hopefully receive a profit if the project was successful.
The Cryptocurrency Paradox And Why Crypto Is Failing (Forbes), Rated: A
Yet, cryptocurrency is failing, badly. The vast majority of cryptocurrency have already ended up listed at http://www.deadcoins.com and even the flagship best-of-class Bitcoin as of this writing has lost 80% of its value in the last year. Despite the continuing hype for crypto, seemingly every day makes it look worse as both an idea and an investment.
Cryptocurrency Is Not A Revenue-Producing Asset. Unlike a stock whose value can be determined by earnings, cryptocurrency provides no income stream to its owner.
Cryptocurrency Is Not A Commodity. A commodity is usually something that is consumed, leading to demand for more.
Cryptocurrency Is Not A Store Of Value.
Cryptocurrency Is A Currency . . . Crypto is currency, meaning a mechanism of exchange.
. . . But An Unprotected Currency.
Crypto has value based on its usage to buy things; because of that value, most owners of crypto do not want to use it to buy things; therefore, crypto is not widely used to buy things and thus has no value other than related to relatively minimal usage.
Cryptocurrency Analysis: The U.S. Dollar Influences the Price (Forbes), Rated: A
The cryptocurrency market capitalization currently sits below $200 billion as measured by the US Dollar. Many long-term investors and market analysts have a variety of opinions as to why the market has shaved off nearly $800 billion from the all-time high.
The US Dollar marketplace presently suffers from a torrent of negative influences. This includes:
- A trade war precipitated by the United States. Apple is facing a 25% tariff.
- The impending Ukraine
- Oil crashing to a new low
- Foreign buyers left the US housing market and 2019 looks grim for sellers.
- Feds are jacking up interest rates.
- Global debt levels are unsustainable. US interest payment is $500b on its debt.
- Companies are closing factories, laying off workers and not starting new projects.
- A 2019 Recession is likely.
Former NYSE CEO to head up crypto code of conduct group (MarketWatch), Rated: A
The Association for Digital Asset Markets (ADAM) will provide rules for trading, custody and settlement of digital assets, like bitcoin BTCUSD, +8.95% with guidelines encouraging ethical conduct and increasing market transparency by participants to both the public and regulators.
“Rules are fundamental to the development of any market. Over 200 years ago, market leaders came together to draft rules that led to the creation of the New York Stock Exchange,” said Duncan Niederauer, ADAM advisory board member and the former CEO of the NYSE in a news release.
“The advent of digital assets requires a similar effort; one that will clarify existing rules and give both investors and regulators the confidence necessary to sustain this market. I applaud the firms leading the ADAM initiative and look forward to advising them on standards that will enable this market to thrive.”
Coinbase and others invest $ 12.75M in project to create digital security offerings (TechCrunch), Rated: A
Securitize offers a range of services to help companies create blockchain-based security tokens. Today it said it has raised a $12.75 million Series A round led by Blockchain Capital with participation from investors that include Japan’s Global Brain, Ripple’s Xpring fund and Coinbase Ventures.
Tim Draper: Cryptocurrencies Will Consume Half the Fiat Currency Market (NewsBTC), Rated: A
The renowned venture capital investor predictedthat half of the fiat money holders would eventually shift to cryptocurrencies in the future. Speaking on the sidelines of the World Crypto Con conference in Las Vegas, Draper said that bitcoin will lead the new currency market which would enable people to easily spend, invest or do whatever they want with cryptocurrencies.
The cryptocurrency market currently amounts to circa $130 billion while the fiat one is worth about $86 trillion.
What We Need For Cryptocurrencies To Go Mainstream (Forbes), Rated: A
Cryptocurrencies. The mere mention of this word elicits a range of responses, from passionate evangelism to righteous outrage about enabling criminality. One common denominator among the majority of the population is “I don’t understand it.”
Decentralization has made it possible for digital currencies to exist without the need to trust a central organization to protect the ledger of accounts from fraud or manipulation. However, moving from a centralized model to a decentralized model isn’t without its challenges. Cryptocurrencies are enabled by software, and somebody must provide governance of the software platform. In a decentralized model, effective governance is more challenging. What is true in political theory is true with distributed networks: Constituents must trust in the competence of the governing body and the stability of the platform. With weak governance, the cryptocurrency platform slowly devolves into chaos.
Nvidia and AMD’s Q3 desktop GPU shipments tumble 16% after cryptocurrency crash (PC GamesN), Rated: A
Nvidia and AMD are facing a year-to-year desktop GPU shipment decline of 16% in Q3, according to the latest market research from Jon Peddie Research (JPR). Both companies have already confirmed an overabundance of inventory since the crypto-bubble abruptly popped and the effects of which are starting to make themselves known as the year comes to an end – not with a bang but a whimper.
Real Estate on the Blockchain: $ 20 Million Sale ‘Tokenizes’ Student Residence (Fortune), Rated: A
In the first offering of its kind, U.S. investors can now acquire a piece of South Carolina real estate in the form of blockchain tokens. The tokens represent ownership in a luxury student residence called The Hub, pictured above, which is located near the University of South Carolina in the state’s capital.
The offering is significant because it amounts to the first tokenized REIT in the U.S.
SpankChain Has Paid Camgirls $ 70,000 Worth of Crypto in 6 Months (CoinDesk), Rated: A
Since raising $6 million in a 2017 initial coin offering (ICO), porn startup SpankChain has differentiated itself from the token-sale pack by actually delivering a platform with thousands of users.
Revealed exclusively to CoinDesk, SpankChain boasted 6,136 active users as of October, and has paid roughly $72,422 in cryptocurrency to 31 webcam models since the site launched in April. Several freelance SpankChain performers say they are now earning more on SpankChain than any mainstream porn site.
Goldman, Morgan Stanley Go Live With CLS’ IBM-Powered Blockchain (CoinDesk), Rated: A
Investment banking giants Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are the first companies to use the newly launched CLSNet, with six more participants from North America, Europe and Asia, including Bank of China (Hong Kong), committed to joining in the next few months, according to CLS and IBM.
Ethereum Co-founder Sounds Off On IBM Blockchain (PYMNTS), Rated: B
However, Co-founder Vitalik Buterin, who spoke with Quartz on the sidelines of Devcon4, isn’t thrilled with IBM’s moves.
“I don’t understand this deeply, but the detail that jumped out at me is they’re saying, ‘Hey, we own all the IP and this is basically our platform, and you’re getting on it.’ And like, that’s … totally not the point.”
New Foundation to Focus on Crypto Wallet Interoperability (Bitcoin Magazine), Rated: A
Today, November 26, 2018, marks the launch of the Foundation for Interwallet Operability (FIO)and the FIO Protocol, an interwallet protocol that seeks to make the transfer of cryptos between wallets as simple and straightforward as making transfers on PayPal.
Smart Contract Developers – Beware and Lawyer Up! (National Law Review), Rated: A
Based on recent actions by U.S. regulators, smart contract developers need to be aware of potential liabilities that they may face (beyond the usual issues with software development).
AI & Blockchain Accelerating Each Other’s Growth (Globe Newswire), Rated: A
Investorideas.com a global investor news source covering Artificial Intelligence (AI) and blockchain issues a sector snapshot of how the two technologies are synergistically building momentum.
As the Artificial Intelligence and blockchain technology markets independently garner much attention and hype, they are complimenting and accelerating each other’s already rapid growth.
Judge to SEC: This Initial Coin Offering Isn’t a Security (Law.com), Rated: A
In what appears to be the first federal decision finding that a digital asset offered in an initial coin offering is not a security, a judge in San Diego has turned back a request from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a preliminary injunction against the backers of the Blockvest ICO.
SEC Chair Pours Cold Water on Digital Currency ETFs (Fortune), Rated: B
Speaking at the Consensus Invest summit in New York, Clayton said he will only support ETFs—financial products that track assets such as gold or baskets of shares—in which the only risk to investors is related to the value of the underlying asset.
Crypto Wallet Provider Ledger Opens New Office In New York (BlockTribune), Rated: B
Crypto wallet provider Ledger is setting up a new office in New York in order to expand its presence in the United States.
Blockchain Deployment Could Add $ 3 Trillion in International Trade by 2030 (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
The World Trade Organization (WTO) released a report on blockchain technology’s effect on international trade today, Nov. 27. Per the study, blockchain’s economic value-add on a global scale could reach almost $3 trillion by 2030.
Read the full report here.
Blockchain Market to Be Worth over $ 28 Billion by 2025 (NewsBTC), Rated: A
Making Cryptocurrency More Environmentally Sustainable (Harvard Business Review), Rated: AAA
The largest cryptocurrencies — Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum — require vast amounts of energy consumption to function. Last year, blockchain used more power than 159 individual nations including Uruguay, Nigeria, and Ireland. Unsurprisingly, this is creating a huge environmental problem that poses a threat to the Paris climate-change accord.
Imagine the amount of energy consumed by 25,000 machines calculating math problems 24 hours a day.
An immediate fix is mining with solar power and other green energy sources. Each day, Texas alone receives more solar power than we need to replace every non-solar power plant in the world.
Cryptocurrencies: growing in number but falling in value (Reuters), Rated: AAA
10 Bitcoin Price Predictions for 2019 – One Forecasts 1,000% Gains (Money Morning), Rated: A
The lowest price target on Finder.comfor Bitcoin in 2019 is $7,000. From today’s (Nov. 27) price of $3,748.90, that’s a potential gain of 86.72%.
6 cryptocurrencies to watch during this crypto market carnage time (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
Bitcoin Gold is acquiring value seemingly out of nowhere.
Yet another Bitcoin fork. These forks have been gathering lots of attention lately, especially after Bitcoin Cash’s fiasco of a hard fork, that took away 75% of its previous value since last November 15th. But some forks have been performing well, such as the aforementioned Bitcoin Gold, and, Bitcoin Diamond that has recently risen in value by about 20% to reach $1 mark.
However, in the last 24 hours, Revain lost 9.19% of its value too but still, it’s a good cryptocurrency to keep an eye on.
Ardor has had some strong gains in the last few days.
Before going down by 3% today, it’s grown by 5% in only a few hours and has been going against the bearish trend very successfully.
In the past few weeks, Quarkchain’s price went up several times over, and it’s repeating the feet today. The QKC token has gained around 2.35% in the last 24 hours.
ICOS ARE WITHDRAWING ETHEREUM AS JUSTIN SUN SAYS ‘MIGRATE’ TO TRON (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
In its latest edition focused on ICO balances, Diar reveals that ETH $116.734 +1.47% withdrawals by developer teams trailed off as the year has progressed (with the exception of September), with November nonetheless marking a slight U-turn in withdrawal habits.
Conspicuously bucking the trend this month is Aragon, which this week withdrew a total of 51,934 ETH ($5,354,395) from its treasury.
BitTorrent Now Accepts TRON, Binance Coin, and Bitcoin for its Pro & Ads Free Products (Blokt), Rated: A
Today the world’s most popular Peer-to-Peer communications products and protocol, BitTorrent and µTorrent have announced that customers can purchase its Ads Free and Pro products using TRX, BTC, and BNB. The announcement came via Tron’s Medium blog.
Binance Renames Its USDT Market to Combined Stablecoin Market (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
Major cryptocurrency exchange Binance has renamed its Tether (USDT) Market to be a combined Stablecoin Market (USD), according to an announcement published Nov. 26. This will purportedly allow the exchange to support more trading pairs of stablecoins.
The exchange also notes that USD is not a new stablecoin, but the symbol of Binance’s new stablecoin market.
Binance Adds Paxos Standard (PAX) To its New Stablecoin Market (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
The team at Binance has just announced that they will be adding the Paxos Standard Token (PAX) as a base currency in the platform’s new Combined Stablecoin Market.
A French supermarket giant is blockchainifying organic carrots (The Next Web), Rated: A
Another major European supermarket is getting in on the distributed ledger (DLT) fun. Auchan, a global leader in food distribution, is set to roll out a blockchain platform to allow customers to track goods from field to fork.
The French supermarket giant says it ran the trial on a distributed ledger called FoodChain.
First Digital Pound Sterling Ever is Mined, Minted, and Used (AP News), Rated: AAA
London Block Exchange, the first multi-cryptocurrency exchange dedicated to the UK market, today announced the first ever digital pound sterling through its partnership with AlphaPoint, a global blockchain technology company focused on enabling institutions to issue digital assets and to operate digital asset exchanges.
Past Trends Indicate XRP Could Take No. 1 Spot (CryptoDaily), Rated: A
If we take a look at XRP, the token was worth 24 cents 12 months ago and during this month it reached highs of 50 cents and above which means it’s doubled in value in 12 months. That being said, the markets are in red at the time of writing leaving XRP to be priced at 34 cents.
In January, XRP reached an all-time high of three and a half dollars before it retreated back as the crypto bubble burst.
Australia’s Digital Currency Exchange Bit Trade Launches Equity Crowdfunding Round On Equitise (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
South Korea to develop blockchain voting system (ZDNet), Rated: AAA
South Korea plans to develop a blockchain voting system, with trials starting next month in the private sector.
The Ministry of Science and ICT, and the National Election Commission (NEC) said they will develop a blockchain-based online voting system by December.
In the screenshots shared by CZ, someone shared the picture of the contract signed by Binance Korea, asking him about it. He responded to the query by saying that he had no idea about it and that it was “completely fake”.
Crypto investments turn Philippine economic zone around (Coingeek), Rated: A
The Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA) in the Philippines has reported a revenue of PHP521 million ($9.9 million) from January to September 2018, a 132% increase from the corresponding period last year.
Much of the improved performance, according to CEZA CEO Raul Lambino, has to do with the government-owned and -controlled corporation promoting the economic zone as a hub for cryptocurrency, blockchain, and other financial technology.
Cryptocurrency pioneer plans security token offering (The Nation), Rated: B
Satang Corporation, one of the pioneers in the cryptocurrency business in Thailand, plans to raise funds by issuing a security token offering (STO), as part of its efforts to build a digital asset ecosystem that could help revitalise the bearish market for digital currencies.
UNLOCK Blockchain Forum in UAE Announces first Batch of Stellar Speakers (Unlock-BC), Rated: B
The UNLOCK Company DMCC, a platform that provides information, intelligence, insights and news pertaining to the Blockchain sector, is holding its second series of the UNLOCK Blockchain Forum in Dubai, UAE on January 15-16 2019 at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, DIFC.
BitMart lists Qtum, the first proof-of-stake smart contract platform (Cryptoninjas), Rated: AAA
BitMart Exchange, a premier global digital asset trading platform, recently announced the listing of Qtum (QTUM). QTUM/BTC, QTUM/ETH, and QTUM/USDT trading pairs will be available starting at 6 PM on November 27 and withdrawal feature will be available on November 28.