- Today’s main news: Bitcoin’s average daily trading volume hits new high since 2018. CBOE exchange halts Bitcoin futures listing. Alibaba Group takes control of Alibabacoin. ETH moves toward new monthly high. Bitfarms to launch $20M loan financing.
- Today’s main analysis: Bitcoin network activity outpacing its price.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Why is Coinbase shooting itself in the foot? Litecoin price breaks $60. Over 40 blockchain platform bugs found in 30 days. ConsenSys founder believes blockchain tech can produce ethical journalism. Ethereum leads in active developers, Litecoin & Dogecoin tank.
- Bitcoin average daily trading volume hits new high since 2018. This is significant news. The price may not be as high as some investors may want, but this signals a new confidence in Bitcoin’s potential to rise in price again. Further increases in network activity will likely follow with significant price increases.
- Bitcoin network activity outpaces price. An excellent analysis, by CoinDesk, of the above news.
- Why is Coinbase shooting itself in the foot? Coinbase has been the center of several recent controversies, including a price hike that isn’t popular.
- LTC breaks $60. Litecoin presents an interesting conundrum. There’s no new development and recent prices reflect that, yet it follow Bitcoin’s price activity still. I wonder if it has staying power.
- Over 40 security bugs found in blockchain projects in 30 days. Projects include Coinbase, Block.one, Tezos, Brave, and Monero, some of the top projects online.
- CBOE exchange halts Bitcoin futures listing.
- ConsenSys founder believes in Civil. “The most successful failed token launch in history” doesn’t mean much. It’s still a failed launch. And I don’t believe technology can affect ethical conduct.
- Bitcoin price slips at $4,000.
- Recent Bitcoin rally could be tied to Bitmex Futures.
- Bitcoin revival propped by low volumes.
- Coinbase Custody performs first OTC trade.
- Winklevoss brothers say crypto doesn’t need rules, but crypto companies do.
- Former Mt. Gox CEO gets suspended jail term.
- Riot Blockchain to launch regulated crypto exchange.
- Cardano increases following integration with Ledger.
- Kin offers short window for token swap.
- Cosmos launches.
- Steemit hit with multiple DDoS attacks.
- What is decentralized credit scoring?
- IBM execs say quantum computing is a threat to blockchain cryptography.
- 31 social networks build around blockchain technology.
- WooCommerce users can accept XRP payment.
- Colorado signs cryptocurrency bill.
- Alibaba Group takes control of Alibabacoin.
- Ethereum leads in active developers. The interesting thing here is that Litecoin has next to none.
- ICOBox concludes ICOS program.
- Potential Bitcoin trends in 2019.
- Digital scarcity will sustain crypto value.
- A Reddit user talks about insider trading on popular ICO.
- Alendoo offers interest rates on tokens with crypto bank biz model.
- Artificial intelligence, blockchain don’t go together.
- Electroneum deposits open at Huobi exchange.
- Ethereum price hits new monthly high. If Bitcoin continues to rise, ETH will also likely continue to rise.
- Ethereum gets closer to Istanbul fork.
- Ethereum applications get A+ rating.
- Is Binance set to decentralize?
- Donut app raises $1.8 million.
- Australian government to boost blockchain industry with $100,000 AU investment.
- Thailand SEC approves ICO portal for crypto projects.
- LJ Hooker to auction Bitcoin.
- Cryptopia creates CoinInfo page for checking crypto status.
- Mithril can be used to purchase Ed Sheeran concert tickets in Taiwan.
- China: 790 blockchain patent approvals makes it first in the world.
- Canada: Bitfarms to launch $20 million loan financing.
- Qatar: Commercial Bank, R3 partner.
- Canada: Regulatory clarity for crypto.
- Dubai: Burj Khalifa developer to launch digital token.
- South Africa: Two business trace steak from farm to plate on blockchain.
- Saudi Arabia: 10% of global GDP likely to be stored on the blockchain by 2026.
- UAE: How to buy Bitcoin.
- Venezuela: Dash Text offers first decentralized charity program.
- United States
- Bitcoin Average Daily Trading Volume Reaches New High Since 2018 (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Price Slips at $4,000; A Minor Pullback Before a Major Rally? (CCN), Rated: A
- Bitcoin Rallying Above $ 4,000 Could be Due to Bitmex Futures (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- The Current Bitcoin (BTC) Revival Propped By Low Volumes (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- Bitcoin’s Price and Network Activity: One is Outpacing the Other (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
- Why Does Crypto Giant Coinbase Keep Shooting Itself in the Foot? (CCN), Rated: AAA
- The Custodial Tool of Coinbase Performs its First OTC Trading (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Litecoin (LTC) Price Breaks $ 60, Can There Be More Upsides? (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- WINKLEVOSS: ‘CRYPTO DOESN’T NEED RULES,’ CRYPTOCURRENCY COMPANIES DO (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
- Security researchers found over 40 bugs in blockchain platforms in 30 days (The Next Web), Rated: AAA
- Cboe Exchange Puts Brakes on Bitcoin Futures Listing (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
- ConsenSys Founder Believes Blockchain Technology can Help Produce Ethical Journalism (Silicon Hills News), Rated: AAA
- Former Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles Gets Suspended Jail Term (Bloomberg), Rated: A
- Riot Blockchain Aims to Launch One of the First Regulated Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the US (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Cardano [ADA] shoots up following blockchain integration and Ledger Wallet arrival (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- Kin (KIN) Offers Short-Lived Token Swap Window for ICO Token Holders (Cryptovest), Rated: A
- Steemit Becomes Subject of Multiple DDoS Attacks, but Blockchain and Associated Apps Remain Untouched (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Welcome to the hub of all hubs: Cosmos has launched (TechCrunch), Rated: A
- WTF is decentralized credit scoring? (Tearsheet), Rated: A
- Quantum Computing is a Threat to Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Cryptography: IBM Executives (Coindoo), Rated: A
- 31 Social Networks Built around Blockchain Technology (Hacker Noon), Rated: A
- WooCommerce Users Can Now Accept XRP (XRP) Payment, Thanks To Wieste Wind (Smartereum), Rated: A
- The State of Colorado Signs a Cryptocurrency Bill (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: B
- Alibaba Group Takes Control of Alibabacoin (Coinspeaker), Rated: AAA
- Ethereum Leads in Active Developers, Bitcoin’s Developer Count Healthy, Litecoin and Dogecoin “Being Abandoned” (Cryptoslate), Rated: AAA
- ICOBox Announces the Conclusion of Its ICOS Program (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: A
- Some Bitcoin Trends that Could Dominate 2019 (BTCNN), Rated: A
- Digital Scarcity to Sustain the Value of Cryptocurrency – Crypto-Economy with equally Convincing Results (The Currency Analytics), Rated: A
- Insider Trading, ‘Hype-Papers,’ and Layoffs: Reddit User Tells Cautionary Tale of ICO Hell (Be In Crypto), Rated: A
- New ‘crypto bank’ offering 15% interest rates on your tokens, with anonymity (Global Crypto Press), Rated: A
- NO, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND ‘THE BLOCKCHAIN’ DON’T GO TOGETHER (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
- Huobi Exchange ETN Deposits Open (Electroneum), Rated: B
- European Union
- ETH Targets New Monthly High (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Ethereum [ETH] takes another step towards Istanbul hard fork (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- Little-Known Security Tool Keeps Ethereum Applications at an A+ Rating (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Crypto Insiders Say Binance Is Set to Become World’s First Centralized Company to Decentralize (The Daily HODL), Rated: A
- Donut App for Cryptocurrency Investments Raises $ 1.8 Million in Seed Funding (Cryptoground), Rated: A
- China Ranked Number One With 790 Blokchain Patent Approvals (Smartereum), Rated: AAA
- Australia/New Zealand
- Canberra stumps up AU$ 100K to boost Aussie blockchain industry (ZDNet), Rated: AAA
- Real estate giant prepares Bitcoin experiment (Micky.com.au), Rated: A
- Cryptopia creates CoinInfo page for users to check their cryptocurrency status post hack (AMBCrypto), Rated: B
- Thailand SEC Approves ICO Portal for Crypto Projects (Coin Idol), Rated: AAA
- Use Mithril (MITH) to Get Tickets for Ed Sheeran Concert in Taiwan (Asia Crypto Today), Rated: B
- Qatar’s Commercial Bank is Joining Hands With Blockchain-based firm R3 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- Why the Dubai developer behind the Burj Khalifa is launching a digital token (The Real Deal), Rated: A
- How to Buy Bitcoin in the UAE (Benzinga), Rated: A
- 10% of global GDP is likely to be stored on the blockchain by 2026 (Saudi Gazette), Rated: A
- Latin America
- Dash Text Wallet Service Rolls Out World’s First Distributed Charity Program (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Bitfarms Announces US$ 20 Million Loan Financing and Special General Meeting Clarification (AP News), Rated: AAA
- Canada Providing Regulatory Clarity for Cryptocurrency Industry (Be in Crypto), Rated: A
- South Africa
- Two SA Businesses Used Blockchain To Trace Steak All The Way From Farm To Plate (Which-50), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin Average Daily Trading Volume Reaches New High Since 2018 (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
Average daily trading volume of the world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin has reached its fresh highs since April, 2018.
Independent crypto data researcher Kevin Rooke brought the community’s attention to bitcoin volume via his Saturday tweet. The analyst revealed that traders, in March, changed hands for/to the cryptocurrency to the extent of approx $10 billion. In comparison, those numbers were as low as $6.25 billion in November 2018, the month in which bitcoin price plunged 35 percent owing to the Bitcoin Cash hard fork fiasco.
Following a spike to $4,068 from the low $3,900 region, the bitcoin price has experienced a slight pullback to $4,000.
Bitcoin Rallying Above $ 4,000 Could be Due to Bitmex Futures (NewsBTC), Rated: A
The renowned cryptocurrency analyst said Thursday that Bitcoin price moved north right after Bitmex launched its September futures, XBTU19. Martin noted that the bitcoin market underwent a jump in volume and volatility after the XBTU19 went live. He also identified two similar events in the past in which the beginning of new futures contracts coincided with increased volatility and volume in the Bitcoin market.
The Current Bitcoin (BTC) Revival Propped By Low Volumes (NewsBTC), Rated: A
Bitcoin is on an uptrend. At the time of writing the coin is stable and up 1.3 percent from last week’s close. Despite our optimism, these hard statistics point to price consolidation. Like in our previous BTC/USD price analysis, Bitcoin prices seem to be banding with the upper BB meaning risk-off and aggressive traders have a chance in lower time frames.
Bitcoin’s Price and Network Activity: One is Outpacing the Other (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin’s user growth, as represented by active addresses, has spiked in the last eight weeks leaving the price far behind, a move that contradicts the popular belief the two tend to move in tandem.
The 30 day average of active addresses on bitcoin’s blockchain, or the number of accounts that made cryptocurrency transactions at any point during the last 24 hours, total 664,064 as of March 16– up 17 percent from 569,812 seen on Jan. 20. Bitcoin’s 30 day average price, however, has increased just 1 percent during the same time span, according to Coinmetrics.
The 30-day average of network volume has increased from $2.24 billion on Feb. 17, to $2.86 billion on March 16, an increase of roughly 27 percent. In the same time bitcoin’s average price increased just over 8 percent from $3,568 to $3,862.
Why Does Crypto Giant Coinbase Keep Shooting Itself in the Foot? (CCN), Rated: AAA
Coinbase increasingly resembles a victim of its own success. Despite having more to lose than many of its peers, Coinbase at times appears to be sabotaging its own reputation, making some wonder if the growth has come too soon, too fast.
Last year’s botched Bitcoin Cash (BCH) rollout, which seemingly sent the BCH price soaring prior to the exchange’s announced listing. This year’s controversial Neutrino acquisition, which led to the #deletecoinbase movement. And most recently, Coinbase’s decision to overhaul the fee structure on its professional platform, Coinbase Pro. The latter changes involve lifting combined fees for smaller customers by one-third while slashing fees for bigger clients, as economist and trader Alex Kruger noted in a tweet.
The Custodial Tool of Coinbase Performs its First OTC Trading (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
Coinbase has entered the new age of technology by doing over-the-counter trading for the very first time through its tool known as ‘Coinbase Custody.’ This custodial tool has performed the OTC trading from the cold storage directly. This is a huge step in the field of trading. A blog was posted on March 13 which stated that once the OTC desk and Coinbase Pro were integrated the trading was done. This integration has allowed users to confirm and fix a price for the trade using the OTC desk before shifting the funds. When they were not integrated, the crypto assets needs to be removed from the cold storage prior to trading.
Litecoin (LTC) Price Breaks $ 60, Can There Be More Upsides? (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
In the past few analysis, we discussed the chances of an upside break above $60.00 in litecoin price against the US Dollar. The LTC/USD pair did gain traction along with bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and ripple to clear the $58.00 and $60.00 resistance levels.
WINKLEVOSS: ‘CRYPTO DOESN’T NEED RULES,’ CRYPTOCURRENCY COMPANIES DO (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
At the same time, it came as no surprise that their ‘Crypto needs rules’ billboard campaign was heavily criticized by Bitcoin users, in particular.
“Some have wondered why Gemini believes the Revolution Needs Rules,” Cameron Winklevoss responded last week.
Answer: Crypto doesn’t need rules, but the companies built on top of it do.
Security researchers found over 40 bugs in blockchain platforms in 30 days (The Next Web), Rated: AAA
White hat hackers have found more than 40 bugs in blockchain and cryptocurrency platforms in the past 30 days, according to an investigation by Hard Fork. There is a silver lining though: none of the vulnerabilities appear to be particularly serious at first glance.
Thirteen companies dealing with cryptocurrency and blockchain tech received a total of 43 vulnerability reports in the period between February 13 and March 13, as per bug reports submitted to vulnerability disclosure platform Hacker One.
Among others, the list of affected platforms includes Coinbase, EOS issuer Block.one, Tezos, Brave, and Monero.
Cboe Exchange Puts Brakes on Bitcoin Futures Listing (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
Cboe Futures Exchange (CFE) is putting its bitcoin futures market on hold.
The unit of Cboe Global Markets said Thursday that it would not add a new bitcoin futures market for March, citing a need to review how it approaches the space.
However, Cboe said currently listed bitcoin futures contracts will remain available for trading. That means the last contracts listed, XBTM19, will expire in June.
ConsenSys Founder Believes Blockchain Technology can Help Produce Ethical Journalism (Silicon Hills News), Rated: AAA
Lubin spoke at South by Southwest in a keynote talk with Manoush Zomorodi, co-founder of Stable Genius Productions and host of the podcast ZigZag.
“Centralized banks were printing money too fast and we could build a system that didn’t have that vulnerability,” he said.
Civil, a blockchain platform for sustainable and ethical journalism, had the most successful failed token launch in history, Lubin said. Civil, based in New York, tried to raise $8 million last year in an Initial Coin Offering but only raised $1.4 million, according to CoinDesk, a publication that covers the Blockchain industry. ConsenSys invested $5 million in Civil, according to CoinDesk.
Civil’s token sale had about 10 times more participation than other token sales, Lubin said. But the gauntlet Civil put up that all these normal people had to brave including 43 legal steps made participating difficult, he said.
Former Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles Gets Suspended Jail Term (Bloomberg), Rated: A
Karpeles, who wore a dark suit in court and bowed to the judge before his sentence was handed down, wasn’t on trial for the mysterious disappearance of Bitcoins that led to Mt. Gox’s implosion. He was given a 2 1/2 year suspended sentence, which he won’t have to serve unless he commits another violation within four years.
Riot Blockchain Aims to Launch One of the First Regulated Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the US (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
Setting up a cryptocurrency exchange in the United States is more than an uphill struggle, and depending on where you are, it’s an impossibility unless you live in those states adopting a more crypto-positive perspective.
Among those blockchain initiatives looking to break into the US is Riot Blockchain, which has recently announced that it intends to launch a fully regulated exchange in America.
Cardano [ADA] shoots up following blockchain integration and Ledger Wallet arrival (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
Following its recent overtake of Bitcoin SV [BSV], the now eleventh largest coin in the market, Cardano [ADA], has once again been visited by the bulls. Cardano shot up by over 6 percent to become the highest gainer in the top-15 while the major coins are caught in sideways movement.
Kin (KIN) Offers Short-Lived Token Swap Window for ICO Token Holders (Cryptovest), Rated: A
Holders of Kin (KIN) tokens by the Kik chat app will have to move fast to swap to the new asset, unless they want to lose their funds. With roughly 10,000 backers in one of the largest ICOs, the Kin project was unclear about what type of asset it would hold. The new KIN2 tokens will replace the initial ERC-20 token.
In a Medium post, the project describes the token swap process. The decision to migrate to a native blockchain goes against the previous readiness to support a double-asset structure. The deadline to migrate KIN tokens to KIN Coin is June 12, using a swap service.
Welcome to the hub of all hubs: Cosmos has launched (TechCrunch), Rated: A
Last week the Cosmos Network launched, which I believe to be a major event. Yes, it’s a blockchain initiative — but definitely not just another one.
Cosmos calls itself “the Internet of Blockchains,” and it is that, but it’s also something else important: it is one of the first major decentralized Proof-of-Stake networks to launch. (No, EOS doesn’tcount.) In this model, instead of being secured by “miners” who solve computationally hard problems at the cost of gigawatts-and-counting of electricity, blockchains are verified by “validators” who purchase (or are delegated) cryptocurrency which they “stake.”
WTF is decentralized credit scoring? (Tearsheet), Rated: A
According to a report from the World Bank, 1.7 billion people around the globe remain unbanked.
Traditional credit scoring uses debt repayment information from financial institutions to determine the creditworthiness of a borrower. Decentralized credit scoring, on the other hand, uses a peer-to-peer network of trusted parties and personal data to attest to the identity and creditworthiness of a potential borrower, creating a secure credit scoring system for everyone, no matter their debt history.
Centralized credit bureaus hold sensitive personal data which is subject to theft. Because decentralized scoring and inquiries are completed on the blockchain, data is not stored in any one central location. So, personal data is less at risk while identities are kept anonymous.
Quantum Computing is a Threat to Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Cryptography: IBM Executives (Coindoo), Rated: A
According to Jesse Lund, vice president of blockchain and digital currencies at IBM:
“It’s reverse engineering the private keys which represent the control of your wallet. Your public key is essentially your wallet which holds balances. And I think that’s a real, credible threat. Bitcoin is a public ledger. So you can go out and see which public keys are holding the largest balances and you could go out and target those (the hundred or thousands of bitcoin in there) and say I’m gonna spend effort (computing resource) to reverse engineer the private key from the public key, which is exposed. I think that’s even a near term threat.”
This makes almost all forms of public key cryptography vulnerable. According to Lund, 50 percent of all blockchains are susceptible.
31 Social Networks Built around Blockchain Technology (Hacker Noon), Rated: A
My intent here is to list the sites whose core function is social. That is, they fall into what is commonly called “social media” or “social networking.” In the age of decentralization, you’ll find plenty of projects that try to include a social component but where that component is not the central feature of the platform. For instance, the Qbao Network is a cross-chain digital wallet with social features. The Mixin Messenger is a messenger app that exists within the larger framework of a peer-to-peer digital asset transaction platform. I could easily list other decentralized blockchain projects that include a social component but that are not inherently social or where the social component is not central to the business model, but that list is probably longer than the world’s longest train track. I’ll forego all of that.
WooCommerce Users Can Now Accept XRP (XRP) Payment, Thanks To Wieste Wind (Smartereum), Rated: A
Smartereum.com recently reported that XRPL Labs wants to expose XRP (XRP) to over 3 million online stores. XRPL Labs is a blockchain startup that is backed by Ripple. The startup recently announced that it wants to bring the third largest digital currency to more online stores in reality. Wieste Wind – the founder of XRPL Labs – made this announcement on Twitter on the 7th of March.
In his tweet, he announced a bounty program that will reward any developer that can create an XRP plugin for WooCommerce. Wind offered a reward of over 3,000 XRP tokens to anyone that can integrate XRP with the online stores of WooCommerce.
After about ten days of making the announcement on Twitter, a developer known as Jesper Wallin has completed the challenge. Wallin just submitted the XRP payment plugin that would allow WooCommerce users to accept XRP (XRP) as a means of payment.
The State of Colorado Signs a Cryptocurrency Bill (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: B
Jared Polis who is the Governor of the State of Colorado has signed an act which is digital currency friendly known as ‘Colorado Digital Token Act.’ The self-proclaimed fan of Bitcoin has signed it on March 8th which from the state’s securities law has exempted digital currency under few terms and conditions.
Alibaba Group Takes Control of Alibabacoin (Coinspeaker), Rated: AAA
ICOBox Announces the Conclusion of Its ICOS Program (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: A
ICOBox, one of the world’s leaders in ICO marketing, has decided to conclude its ICOS program, which was originally established to help promising but underfunded new projects gain access to the tools developed by ICOBox for selling their goods and services via ICOs.
Some Bitcoin Trends that Could Dominate 2019 (BTCNN), Rated: A
1. Bitcoin-Friendly ATMs Becoming More Popular
Going by the numerous reports available, 2019 will witness the presence of more Bitcoin ATMs across cities in the United States. Recently, Chicago received 30 new machines, totaling 100 Bitcoin ATMs in the city, with Philadelphia having a similar amount.
2. Central Banks Becoming More Involved With Cryptocurrencies
3. More Smartphones Now Store Bitcoin
4. Use of Bitcoin in the Tourism Sector
Digital Scarcity to Sustain the Value of Cryptocurrency – Crypto-Economy with equally Convincing Results (The Currency Analytics), Rated: A
Altcoins is a trending topic as per data collected from Google. For clarity, anything other than Bitcoin is known as an Altcoin. Investors continue to believe that investors should hold at least a few BTC if they are interested in cryptocurrency.
Insider Trading, ‘Hype-Papers,’ and Layoffs: Reddit User Tells Cautionary Tale of ICO Hell (Be In Crypto), Rated: A
Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) were the primary fundraising methods used by cryptocurrency-based startups throughout the majority of 2017 and 2018. One Reddit user claiming to have worked for an ICO which raised more than $20 million has given their account of a grossly mismanaged company still deceiving investors to this day.
According to ICOdata.io, projects being funded using an ICO really broke out of the gate in 2017 when they raised a total of $6.2 billion — compared to the year previous which only saw $90 million raised. The trend gained even more steam in 2018 when over 1,200 ICOs raised $7.8 billion.
New ‘crypto bank’ offering 15% interest rates on your tokens, with anonymity (Global Crypto Press), Rated: A
Alendoo platform is an innovative platform offering anonymous crypto backed loans and crypto rewarded lending. What is more, Alendoo wallet provides saving interests in the value of 5% per year.
There are six supported cryptocurrencies on Alendoo at launch, and half of them are known as privacy coins. Using them provides additional anonymity as the transactions on their blockchain are untraceable. These coins are Dash (DASH), Monero (XMR), and Zcash (ZEC). For customer’s convenience, we have also added Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tether (USDT). There are plans to add more privacy coins to the platform in the near future.
Bank of America
up to 1.5%
Loans (minimum APR)
Savings (minimum APR)
up to 2.25%
NO, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND ‘THE BLOCKCHAIN’ DON’T GO TOGETHER (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
Examine almost any whitepaper for an initial coin offering (ICO) from 2017 or 2018 and there’s a good chance you will find that the project plans on miraculously marrying the blockchain to artificial intelligence in order to not only provide business solutions but also solve all of the world’s problems. Throw in some stock images of astronauts and robots, and you’ve got the complete package.
As noted by Kailash Nadh at LiveMint, these two technological advancements aren’t related — and shouldn’t be shoehorned together.
Huobi Exchange ETN Deposits Open (Electroneum), Rated: B
United States Users:
https://www.hbg.com 43 [choose english or your language]
Global Users [English Pre-Selected]
ETH Targets New Monthly High (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
This past week, we saw a nice upside move above the $134 and $140 resistances in ETH price against the US Dollar. The ETH/USD pair traded close to the $144 level and later started a downside correction. There was a break below the $140 and $138 levels. It traded close $137 level and formed a low just above the $136 level. The price also stayed above the 100 hourly simple moving average, with a positive angle above $134.
Ethereum [ETH] takes another step towards Istanbul hard fork (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
At the meeting, it was clarified that the team would move ahead with the roadmap created by Afri, a former member of the Ethereum Foundation. According to Ethereum wiki, the Istanbul upgrade is likely to go live in October 2019.
Little-Known Security Tool Keeps Ethereum Applications at an A+ Rating (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
Ethereum may not have been able to overcome the market capitalization of Bitcoin ever, but the decentralized applications have greatly thrived as a result of their security efforts. The platform manages to maintain A+ security with the use of a security tool hasn’t been well publicized. The tool ensures that the platform does not endure the errors in the self-executing lines of code, otherwise known as smart contracts, that would result in high costs.
Crypto Insiders Say Binance Is Set to Become World’s First Centralized Company to Decentralize (The Daily HODL), Rated: A
Binance Coin (BNB) investors are mapping out why they believe crypto giant Binance, which runs one of the world’s leading crypto exchanges, is poised to become the first decentralized corporation, migrating its company’s value to its native cryptocurrency – perhaps within five years.
Binance Coin has had a meteoric rise in 2019, soaring from $6.02 to over $15, to become the world’s seventh largest cryptocurrency by market cap, surpassing Stellar, Tron, Cardano and Bitcoin SV. The cryptocurrency will be moved off of the Ethereum network to Binance’s native blockchain, Binance Chain, which had its testnet launch last month.
Donut App for Cryptocurrency Investments Raises $ 1.8 Million in Seed Funding (Cryptoground), Rated: A
Cryptocurrency-based applications and blockchain startups are gaining popularity with investors of late. Over the past few years, a number of such applications and platforms have raised millions of dollars worth of funding. The latest name in the list of these apps is Donut, a cryptocurrency investment application which has raised $1.8 Million in seed funding.
The biggest investor in this Germany-based startup was Redalpine, along with EarlyBlock and Entrepreneur First. AngelList investors Philipp Moehring and Andy Chung also participated in this funding among others.
China Ranked Number One With 790 Blokchain Patent Approvals (Smartereum), Rated: AAA
The analysis discovered that, despite Bitcoin’s price declining deeply, 2018 marked the peak year for the approval of patents. Records show that 1,060 patents were published in 2018.
This was followed by two years earlier (2017) with 971 patent approvals.
China ranked number one with an impressive 790 patent approvals during the course of last year.
- China is followed by the US, with 762 patent approvals.
- South Korea and Australia are next with 161 and 132 patent approvals each
- The UK was the only European state to make it into the top 10 with just 36 patent approvals.
Canberra stumps up AU$ 100K to boost Aussie blockchain industry (ZDNet), Rated: AAA
Despite the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) recently giving advice to those getting lost in the buzz of blockchain that they should turn their attention elsewhere, the federal government on Monday announced a funding injection to boost Australia’s blockchain industry.
Real estate giant prepares Bitcoin experiment (Micky.com.au), Rated: A
One of Australia’s oldest and most-trusted real estate brands is preparing the world’s first ever live Bitcoin auction.
Cryptopia creates CoinInfo page for users to check their cryptocurrency status post hack (AMBCrypto), Rated: B
The New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchange Cryptopia has been working on getting back on its feet after it was hacked twice in January. In order to maintain transparency, the exchange created a CoinInfo page to check the status of the coins.
Thailand SEC Approves ICO Portal for Crypto Projects (Coin Idol), Rated: AAA
The Thai SEC officially approved the first initial coin offering (ICO) portal on Tuesday, March 12, according to local news outlet Bangkok Post. The operator behind this ICO portal is reportedly a foreign entity. The appropriated portal would screen several ICOs projects.
Use Mithril (MITH) to Get Tickets for Ed Sheeran Concert in Taiwan (Asia Crypto Today), Rated: B
Recently it was announced that Mithril (MITH) will be among the payment options for purchasing Ed Sheeran concert tickets. This adds yet another item to the growing list of purchases available to holders of cryptocurrencies. More importantly than that, it is another sign of the growing reach, legitimacy and viability of decentralized cryptocurrencies to challenge and even replace fiat currencies. In short, it is a consumer revolution.
Qatar’s Commercial Bank is Joining Hands With Blockchain-based firm R3 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
Commercial Bank is a very well known and trusted bank from Doha Qatar. It was founded in 1975 and is a private bank. Now, this bank has decided to cross on a significant milestone in its journey by becoming the first bank in Qatar to join hands with one blockchain based enterprise software firm. The name of this firm is R3 which is based in NYC and was founded in 2014. R3 is coming up with a collaborative venture to boost the development of innovative apps and software/solutions on its Corda (which is a distributed ledger blockchain platform).
How to Buy Bitcoin in the UAE (Benzinga), Rated: A
Specifically, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has taken interest in cryptocurrencies seriously, and plans by the Securities and Commodities Authority of the UAE began regulating initial coin offerings in the first quarter of 2019.
10% of global GDP is likely to be stored on the blockchain by 2026 (Saudi Gazette), Rated: A
In a recent survey conducted by the World Economic Forum, the majority of the senior executives within the information and technology sector expect that approximately 10% of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is likely to be stored on the blockchain by 2026.
Dash Text Wallet Service Rolls Out World’s First Distributed Charity Program (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
Dash Text has launched what it touts to be the “world’s first distributed charity model,” just recently. This SMS-based Dash wallet service has made its debut this week that is offering a distributed and automated form of providing charitable donations.
Bitfarms Announces US$ 20 Million Loan Financing and Special General Meeting Clarification (AP News), Rated: AAA
Bitfarms Ltd., one of the largest blockchain technology companies in the world through its ownership of Backbone Hosting Solutions Inc. (operating under the name, “Bitfarms”), today announced that Bitfarms has secured US$20,000,000 in strategic debt financing (the “ Loan Financing ”) to fund the Company’s ongoing operational expansion. In addition, the Company would like to remind shareholders of the upcoming Special General Meeting to be held on March 28, 2019 related to the proposed share exchange of Bitfarms Ltd. (Israel) and Bitfarms Ltd. (Canada) (the “ Arrangement ”) in support of the Company’s Canadian listing strategy.
Canada Providing Regulatory Clarity for Cryptocurrency Industry (Be in Crypto), Rated: A
In a long-awaited move, Canada intends to build a comprehensive regulatory framework for local cryptocurrency trading platforms. To achieve this, the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) has joined its forces with the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC). Together, they published a 28-page consultation paperwhich outlines their proposals and vision of future rules for digital-asset trading.
Two SA Businesses Used Blockchain To Trace Steak All The Way From Farm To Plate (Which-50), Rated: AAA
Meat processor Thomas Foods International and independent grocer retailer Drakes Supermarket are the first Australian companies to pilot the IBM Food Trust, a blockchain-based food ecosystem solution.