- Today’s main news: Fiat money laundering 800:1 against Bitcoin’s. BTC, XRP share similar price trend. Bank of America cites Ripple in settlement system patent. Ripple ranks 13th on philanthropy awards list. Coinbase plans move beyond trading.
- Today’s main analysis: Bitcoin correction point towards $8,500. Blockchain investing trends in review (A MUST-READ).
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: BTC, XRP, and LTC price recovery. Justin Sun is everything Warren Buffet is not. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple confluence. Top 5 crypto performers. Institutional investors flag Bitcoin regulation risk/reward.
- Bitcoin, Ripple share near similar 24-hour price trend. Not the biggest news of the day, but interesting.
- Bitcoin correction pointing toward $8,500. This is an excellent analysis, one of the best for today. A MUST-READ.
- Bank of America cites Ripple in settlement system patent. Does this mean the Bank of America intends to compete against Ripple, and therefore SWIFT? This is quite interesting. If the BofA can do it, any other bank can do it. That means it’s possible that SWIFT could some day be obsolete.
- Ripple ranks 13th in philanthropy awards list. Ripple gives a lot to causes. Quite an honor. Congratulations.
- Coinbase plans to move beyond trading. It would be interesting to have more information on what this means exactly. Does that mean Coinbase will be work with exchanges, compete against them, or move on to something else? The way I read it, they’re not planning to leave crypto trading behind but to take their offerings beyond trading.
- BTC, XRP, LTC prices recover. Crypto prices tumbles after President Donald Trump’s critical tweet last week, but I think most investors would like to see more than a recovery.
- Justin Sun is everything Warren Buffet is not. A very interesting read.
- Silver’s rally could be fueled by concerns over Bitcoin as safe haven investment.
- Will Bitcoin settle above $13,000?
- Trump, Congress talk of Bitcoin is bullish.
- Bitcoin price boom to follow consolidation.
- XRP falls below $0.34.
- Is Litecoin ready for a rally?
- Miami Dolphins adopt LTC as official cryptocurrency.
- BCH, XLM, EOS, TRX analysis.
- The U.S. needs a government-backed crypto.
- Sun invites others to lunch with Buffett.
- Fidelity Digital Assets applies for New York trust license.
- Telegram, Lantah LLC fight over who can issue GRAMS.
- Former Disney director launches ThunderCore on Ethereum.
- Former Microsoft employee allegedly stole $10 million in digital currency.
- Court rules against protective order for man in $8 crypto loss case.
- St. Louis Fed president says crypto bad for U.S. financial system.
- How blockchain technology stops online gambling cheaters.
- XTRD, CEX.io partner on institutional-grade trading.
- EnCirca takes ETH domain name pre-registrations.
- Narrative nominated for social network of the year.
- Fiat money laundering outpaces Bitcoin’s. To the tune of 800:1. Data provided by Chainalysis and the United Nations.
- Crypto is lethargic in tight places.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple confluence. A very interesting analysis.
- Top 5 crypto performers. BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, and ATOM. A good read.
- Blockchain investing trends in review. This is one of the best reads of the day. A MUST-READ. Who is investing in blockchain technology in 2019? See for yourself who’s doing what.
- Institutional crypto investors flag Bitcoin regulation’s risk/reward. I think we are on the verge of an institutional investment breakthrough, which will come with regulation.
- Fear of Libra dominates G7, but does Japan have the answer?
- KPMG partners with Microsoft, R3 for telecom blockchain.
- Diana wants to tokenize the moon.
- ABBC Coin founder partners with PodMiners on podcasting blockchain.
- The wild west days of crypto are ending. Perhaps they are coming to an end, but there’s still some shooting.
- Nestle, McDonald’s join blockchain pilot.
- WhaleLend to earn on crypto lending.
- Beam lands on Cudo Miner.
- Blockchain is the future of gaming. A good read.
- India says no offical ban in crypto yet.
- South Korea lost $2.3 billion in crypto crime in last two years.
- Blockchain Witness app launches.
- Samsung denies affiliation with Samsung Coin.
- China: Chinese government leads the world in blockchain standardized certification.
- Germany: Bundesbank speaks in favor of Libra.
- Iran: Electricity pricing for crypto miners is finalized.
- Canada: Virtual currency and anti-money laundering.
- Italy: Former WEX exchange owner arrested.
- St. Lucia signs on with Eastern Caribbean Central Bank digital currency pilot.
- Canada: Richmond Hill, Coinberry partner on payments.
- United States
- BTC and XRP Share Almost Similar Price Trend in the Last 24 Hours (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin: ABC Correction Pointing Towards $ 8,500 (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
- Silver’s Rally May Be Fueled by Concerns About Bitcoin’s Status as a Safe Haven Investment (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- Will Bitcoin Settle its Price Position Above $ 13000 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Trump & Congress Talking About Bitcoin is Bullish, Not Bearish (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- Big Bitcoin Price Boom Will Follow Consolidation, Market Experts Reveal (CCN), Rated: A
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
- Ripple Ranks 13th On The SFBT Philanthropy Awards List (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- XRP Sees a Major Dip, Falls Even Below $ 0.34 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Coinbase’s Brian Armstrong talks plans to move beyond trading (Coin Rivet), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin, XRP, And LTC Prices Recover After Tumbling On Libra Hearings, What’s Next? (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- Does Litecoin’s Stability Mean its Readiness for a Price Rally? (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Miami Dolphins Football Club Partners With Litecoin (BTC Wires), Rated: B
- BCH, XLM, EOS, TRX Analysis (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- The U.S. needs to counter Libra with government backed crypto (PaymentsSource), Rated: A
- Crypto-bro Justin Sun represents everything Warren Buffett “can’t even” about crypto (Quartz), Rated: AAA
- Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
- Fidelity Digital Assets Applied for a Trust License in NY (Coinspeaker), Rated: A
- Telegram and Lantah LLC both want to issue GRAMs, but only one can have the name (The Block Crypto), Rated: A
- This Former Disney Executive Is Delivering A Next-Generation Blockchain Network (Forbes), Rated: A
- Former Microsoft employee sought to steal $10 million in digital currency from company (ONMSFT), Rated: A
- Court denies Miami man protective order in case involving $ 8 million in lost cryptocurrency funds (Florida Record), Rated: A
- Fed’s Bullard sees cryptocurrencies shifting US financial system (EJInsight), Rated: A
- Senator Dianne Feinstein Expresses Concern Over Potential New Digital Currency (Gold Rush Cam), Rated: A
- How the Blockchain Stops Cheaters: Cryptocurrency and Provably Fair Gaming (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- XTRD and CEX.IO Announce Integration Partnership Offering Institutional-Grade Trading Services (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: B
- EnCirca starts pre-registrations for blockchain domain names (Enterprise Times), Rated: B
- Social Network of the Year (Hacker Noon), Rated: B
- Fiat Money Outpaces Bitcoin 800:1 for Money Laundering (CCN), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin and major altcoins lethargic in tight ranges (FXStreet), Rated: AAA
- Consolidation is key for the run-up to $14,000 – Confluence Detector (FX Street), Rated: AAA
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
- Blockchain Trends In Review (CB Insights), Rated: AAA
- Institutional Crypto Investors Flag Regulation a ‘Risk and Reward’ for Bitcoin (CCN), Rated: AAA
- Fear of Facebook’s Libra dominates G7. Japan thinks it has the answer (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
- Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Shows The Need To Embrace Blockchains (International Business Times), Rated: A
- Accounting Giant KPMG Partners With Microsoft, R3 For Telecom Blockchain (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Blockchain Project Aims to Apportion and Tokenize the Moon (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
- ABBC Coin Founder Jason Daniel Paul Philip Forms Ties with Blockchain Startup – PodMiners (BTC Manager), Rated: A
- European Union
- German central bank comes out in favor of Facebook’s Libra (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
- Former Owner of the Wex Cryptocurrency Exchange Arrested in Italy (Altcoin Buzz), Rated: A
- United Kingdom
- ‘Wild West’ days of cryptocurrency are ending as backlash meets Facebook’s Libra (The Telegraph), Rated: AAA
- Nestle and McDonald’s Join JICWEBS’ Blockchain Pilot Program in the UK (All-Stocks), Rated: A
- WhaleLend to Earn Interest with your cryptocurrency (TEchiexpert), Rated: A
- Cudo Miner and Beam Collaborate to Bring Beam to Cudo’s Crypto Mining Platform (Coin Telegraph), Rated: B
- Chinese Government Leads the World in Blockchain Standardized Certification (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
- Blockchain technology: The lucrative future of the gaming industry (Tech in Asia), Rated: AAA
- No official ban on cryptocurrency yet, Indian Minister clarifies (Tokenpost), Rated: A
- South Korea lost $ 2.3 billion to cryptocurrency crimes over last 2 years (The Next Web), Rated: A
- Blockchain Witness app launched (Taipei Times), Rated: A
- Samsung Dismisses Rumors of Samsung Coin Affiliation (Altcoin Buzz), Rated: B
- Iran Finalizes Electricity Pricing Scheme for Cryptocurrency Miners (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
- Virtual currency and Canada’s anti-money laundering framework (Dentons), Rated: AAA
- Canada to Accept Bitcoin Payments with New Partnership (iHODL), Rated: B
- Saint Lucia Taking Part In Digital Currency Project (St. Lucia Times), Rated: AAA
BTC and XRP Share Almost Similar Price Trend in the Last 24 Hours (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- Both Bitcoin and Ripple have shown four major price swings each in the last 24 hours.
- By the year’s end, Bitcoin may touch 15,000 USD, and Ripple may reach 0.7 USD.
Bitcoin – Ripple Price Statistics:
|21st July 08:59 UTC||Bitcoin (BTC)||Ripple (XRP)|
|ROI (Return on Investment)||7,804.44%||5,543.49%|
|Coin Circulation||17,829,412 BTC||42,832,704,971 XRP|
|Market Cap||190,816,623,632 USD||14,184,832,718 USD|
|Value in USD||10,679.47 USD||0.3308 USD|
|All-Time High||20,089 USD||3.84 USD|
|24h Volume||19,266,071,405 USD||1,134,311,889 USD|
Bitcoin: ABC Correction Pointing Towards $ 8,500 (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
Since the low on December 15, 2018, at $3,127, bitcoin has managed to stage a spectacular recovery in recent months. With a high of $13,887 reached on June 26, 2019, the most important and largest cryptocurrency has more than quadrupled within just six months!
In the last two and a half weeks, it has pulled back sharply to $9,620 before increasing to $13,195, but so far the June high has not been exceeded.
With the recent price spike to $13,887, pretty much 61.8% of the previous downswing has been recovered.
The last important extreme point in sentiment was measured over seven months ago! At that time, the mood was miserable after the price of bitcoin had fallen from almost $20,000 to $3,125 within 12 months.
Silver’s Rally May Be Fueled by Concerns About Bitcoin’s Status as a Safe Haven Investment (NewsBTC), Rated: A
Lately, Silver has also been incurring some positive price action, and one analyst believes that this has largely been driven by investors increasingly viewing Bitcoin as being too volatile to be an effective safe haven asset.
Will Bitcoin Settle its Price Position Above $ 13000 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- BTC Price ranges between $12900 to $13000
- BTC is making steady efforts to stay above $13000
- Over a 4-hour time span, Bitcoin sees a plunge near $12855, followed by an upward correction as well
Trump & Congress Talking About Bitcoin is Bullish, Not Bearish (NewsBTC), Rated: A
At long last, Bitcoin (BTC) has entered the mainstream discourse. Despite it still trading $9,000 shy of its $20,000 all-time high, established in late-2017 on the back of retail hype, the cryptocurrency has become a trendy topic.
Since July 10, within two weeks, the bitcoin price has declined from over $13,000 to $10,600, by more than 18 percent against the U.S. dollar.
At its lowest point this month, the bitcoin price came close to dipping below the $9,000 level, dropping to as low as $9,080.
Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
Bank of America has filed for a patent for a settlement system citing the Ripple ledger, according to a filing on Google Patents.
The patent in question — the application of which was published on June 6 — describes a system using distributed ledger technology (DLT) as an interbank communication tool. The proposed system would enable real-time settlement with transactions being communicated through a shared, decentralized ledger to which both the banks would have access.
Ripple Ranks 13th On The SFBT Philanthropy Awards List (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
Ripple has been having claimed the 13th spot in the San Francisco Business Times (SFBT) Philanthropy Awards.
The biggest contributor to the rankings could be the $25 million donations to the San Francisco State University, by Ripple’s co-founder Chris Larsen.
XRP Sees a Major Dip, Falls Even Below $ 0.34 (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
The value of XRP is trading at $0.329 at 08:19 UTC on 21st July 2019.
Coinbase’s Brian Armstrong talks plans to move beyond trading (Coin Rivet), Rated: AAA
Five years from now, Coinbase will not just be a crypto trading service provider, but also a more universal entity driving adoption in the space.
Bitcoin, XRP, And LTC Prices Recover After Tumbling On Libra Hearings, What’s Next? (Forbes), Rated: AAA
After tumbling early in the week, most major cryptocurrencies recovered, with Bitcoin losing just 2.42% of its value, while XRP and LTC edged higher.
Does Litecoin’s Stability Mean its Readiness for a Price Rally? (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
The medium-term outlook of the LTC is bullish. By the end of 2019, the Litecoin price is expected to reach 200 USD. Let us look at the current details of the coin.
Miami Dolphins Football Club Partners With Litecoin (BTC Wires), Rated: B
The Miami Dolphins, a football team from the United States, has recently announced that it will have Litecoin as its official cryptocurrency.
Basically, what this means is that customers can now make use of Litecoin tokens to buy official team merch and other items connected to the team.
BCH, XLM, EOS, TRX Analysis (NewsBTC), Rated: A
The BCH/USD pair even broke the key $320 resistance level and it is currently consolidating gains.
EOS price started a solid recovery after forming a support base above $3.600. The price broke the key $4.000 resistance level to move into a positive zone.
Stellar price slowly recovered above the $0.0850 resistance level. XLM price even broke the $0.0900 resistance level and it is currently consolidating.
Tron price is showing a lot of positive signs above the $0.0250 and $0.0280 resistance levels.
The U.S. needs to counter Libra with government backed crypto (PaymentsSource), Rated: A
Never did the expression “beat them at their own game” have more importance than with the Congressional hearings regarding cryptocurrencies. Now is the time for the U.S. government to act by issuing a government-backed cryptocurrency regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank.
Crypto-bro Justin Sun represents everything Warren Buffett “can’t even” about crypto (Quartz), Rated: AAA
It’s hard to imagine a lunch where the guests contrast as starkly as this pair: 88-year-old American billionaire Warren Buffett, dubbed “the Oracle of Omaha,” and 29-year-old Chinese cryptocurrency entrepreneur Justin Sun, once described by Chinese state media as “the face of China’s millennial entrepreneurs” (in Chinese).
The two will sit down together in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square on July 25, along with seven guests chosen by Sun.
Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
Earlier today, July 21, Sun invited the founder and CEO of trading platform eToro, Yoni Assia, to the lunch with the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway via tweet.
Yesterday, Sun invited the head of the Binance Charity Fund, Helen Hai.
Earlier this week, Jeremy Allaire, the CEO of crypto payments firm Circle, accepted a tweeted invitation to the lunch.
Fidelity Digital Assets Applied for a Trust License in NY (Coinspeaker), Rated: A
Fidelity Digital Assets allegedly applied to the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) for a Trust license. If the application shows up to be a success, Fidelity Digital Assets (FDAS) would be cleared to add New York to the handful of states in which it currently operates its custody business for digital assets.
Telegram and Lantah LLC both want to issue GRAMs, but only one can have the name (The Block Crypto), Rated: A
Telegram Messenger v. Lantah, 2019 U.S. App. LEXIS 21158 (9th Cir., filed July 17, 2019) [NMR]
Lantah’s attorneys appealed the district court’s order granting Telegram’s preliminary injunction. This type of appeal is called an interlocutory appeal, and it allows a party to have a higher court review a decision of the lower court before the trial is concluded. In this case, the lower court stayed the case (meaning put the case on hold) until they received a ruling from the court of appeals. Here, Lantah argued that the district court abused its discretion by issuing the preliminary injunction. The appeals court disagrees. Why?
The core initiative has been to explore various applications of blockchain technology, and how experimenting with some of the consensus rules (e.g., proof-of-stake) can lead to more scalable, interoperable public blockchains.
Chris: ThunderCore supports EVM which allow dapp developers on ThunderCore to leverage existing Ethereum tools and resources for dapp development.
Chris Wang: I think one of blockchain’s greatest value propositions is that it can bring transparency and fairness to everyone. While this is a great technology, when I first started, it wasn’t very practical because of how slow and expensive validation is on a distributed network. So, I decided to build a high-performance blockchain to reduce those deficiencies and help make the technology available to everyone.
Former Microsoft employee sought to steal million in digital currency from company (ONMSFT), Rated: A
According to the Associated Press, a former Microsoft employee from Ukraine is being charged by the U.S. attorney’s office for stealing digital currency while testing the company’s online retail sales platform.
Twenty-five year old Volodymyr Kvashuk has been accused of stealing digital currency and then reselling those goods to the tune of $2.8 million with the intentions to buy a $1.7 million home and $160,000 Tesla as part of his plan to bank $10 million.
Court denies Miami man protective order in case involving $ 8 million in lost cryptocurrency funds (Florida Record), Rated: A
A Miami man was denied his request for a protective order to prohibit a digital cryptocurrencies company’s communication with class members in a suit involving the loss of more than $8 million in customer funds.
Fed’s Bullard sees cryptocurrencies shifting US financial system (EJInsight), Rated: A
Cryptocurrencies are changing the US currency system in ways that may facilitate illegal activity and instability in prices, St. Louis Federal Reserve President James Bullard said.
Senator Dianne Feinstein Expresses Concern Over Potential New Digital Currency (Gold Rush Cam), Rated: A
She continued, “If enough people eventually use Libra, it could create a shadow financial system that would compete with the dollar and other national currencies. I do not believe this is in our national interest.”
How the Blockchain Stops Cheaters: Cryptocurrency and Provably Fair Gaming (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
A 2013 survey of online gamblers showed that 91.5% of the 10,000+ interviewed wanted some kind of reputable, third party report to guarantee fairness in play.
Provably fair means that the mechanisms used to generate results on a gaming platform can be vetted by the user independently for authenticity and randomness.
XTRD and CEX.IO Announce Integration Partnership Offering Institutional-Grade Trading Services (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: B
XTRD, a technology company building Wall Street-grade institutional trading products for cryptocurrency trading, has announced their integration with CEX.IO, a global cryptocurrency exchange with over 2.7 million users which recently announced their expansion into the US market. The partnership will integrate existing and future XTRD trading products with CEX.IO and create a CEX.IO institutional services division that utilizes XTRD-based products. XTRD CEO, Alexander Kravets, and CTO, Serge Gulko, will assume CEO and CTO roles of CEX.IO’s US offices and lead the institutional division of the company.
EnCirca starts pre-registrations for blockchain domain names (Enterprise Times), Rated: B
EnCirca is now accepting applications for Ethereum’s .ETH domain names. The deadline for applications is August 10, 2019. Encirca believes it is the first ICANN Accredited Registrar to accept such applications.
Social Network of the Year (Hacker Noon), Rated: B
Which social network held our eyeballs AND actually bettered our lives?
Fiat Money Outpaces Bitcoin 800:1 for Money Laundering (CCN), Rated: AAA
Data from Chainalysis and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime revealed that traditional fiat money is used 800 times more than bitcoin to launder money on the darknet. The results don’t take into account estimates of money laundering through conventional markets.
Bitcoin and major altcoins lethargic in tight ranges (FXStreet), Rated: AAA
The cryptocurrency market stays in the red zone after an unsuccessful recovery attempt on Saturday, July 20 followed by Sunday’s sell-off. Bitcoin and all major altcoins are nursing losses with the notable exception of Cosmos, Tezos and Ethereum Classic. These coins are gaining from 3% to 5% on a day-on-day basis.
The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation increased to $290 billion from $284 billion on Sunday. The total trading volume is registered at $53 billion, while Bitcoin’s market share has settled at 65.2%.
Consolidation is key for the run-up to ,000 – Confluence Detector (FX Street), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin is relatively bullish this weekend session. Besides managing to stay above $10,500, the bulls are fighting to correct the 1.3% declines on the day. There was an attempt to correct above $11,000 but a high was formed at $11,134 giving way lower corrections.
Ethereum confluence levels
Ethereum opened the day’s trading at $228, although it is trading 1% lower on Sunday. The upside is limited at $228 according to the confluence detector tool. The indicators converging here are the SMA 100 15-mins, SMA 5 4-h, Bollinger Band 15-mins upper, and the SMA 200 1-h.
Ripple confluence levels
Trading at $0.3282 at press time, the first resistance is seen at $0.3295 highlighted by SMA 5 15-mins, previous high 15-mins and SMA 5 1-h. Another hurdle will cap corrections at 0.3329 with several technical levels ranging from the Bollinger Band 15-mins upper, SMA 5 4-h, previous 100 15-mins and 38.2% 1-D. Further movement towards $0.4 must overcome the hurdles at $0.3431, $0.3500 and $0.3670.
Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
Tezos (XTZ) is the second-best performer of the past seven days, rising close to 20%.
Though bears broke below the critical support of $0.022 during the week, they could not sustain the price at lower levels.
Cosmos (ATOM) rallied close to 5% in the past seven days.
Blockchain Trends In Review (CB Insights), Rated: AAA
With Q2’19 at a close, we’re only on track to see $1.6B invested across 454 deals this year, which will be a serious decline from the $4.1B invested in blockchain last year.
However, 2019’s equity investment will likely surpass the totals seen in 2017, when there were fewer companies and arguably less bubble mania driving private deals.
Taking a closer look at deal share by stage, traditional equity investment to the sector is increasingly going to early-stage startups, with seed/angel and Series A equity deals jumping from 80% in 2017 to 88% in 2019 YTD.
So far there have been only 96 corporate deals in 2019. At current run rates, corporate deals will be down 36% from the 302 deals seen in 2018.
Binance has published a report today, in which the crypto exchange revealed the market insights of its largest institutional and VIP clients. As a result, the participants of the research believe regulation is both a big risk and a key growth driver for the crypto industry.
Fear of Facebook’s Libra dominates G7. Japan thinks it has the answer (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
Finance chiefs from the world’s leading nations today voiced unanimous concern over the destabilising impact of Facebook’s Libra initiative on the world’s monetary system.
“It poses serious difficulties—technical and political,”French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire told reporters in Chantilly, France, where the G7–a group consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and the US–meeting took place. Officials spoke of “the need to act quickly,” and to subject stablecoins, such as Libra, to the “strictest supervision.”
However, unconfirmed reports also suggest that a government-backed crypto version of an international payment system similar to SWIFT is in the works. A source claiming familiarity with the project told Reuters, on Wednesday, that Japan’s government is leading a global push to set up a global network for cryptocurrency payments.
Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Shows The Need To Embrace Blockchains (International Business Times), Rated: A
It didn’t take long for authorities around the world to react with concern to the unveiling of Facebook’s cryptocurrency, Libra. On Friday, U.S. President Donald Trump himself criticized the project, saying it will have “little standing or dependability.” The backlash parallels regulatory trepidation around the crypto markets generally. After all, there have been plenty of bad headlines around scams, fraud and theft in crypto. Plus, it doesn’t take much imagination to see the potential of digital currencies to disrupt the established ways banks have done business for centuries.
Accounting Giant KPMG Partners With Microsoft, R3 For Telecom Blockchain (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
The blockchain industry has witnessed the arrival of several traditional giants, which has taken the technology from the realm of skepticism to the flow of mainstream adoption. One such traditional entrant is the global accounting behemoth KPMG, which has entered in partnership with global technology leader Microsoft, and blockchain innovator R3.
The recent partnership with Microsoft and K3 will allow the company to tackle data-related issues expected to arise after the launch of 5G connectivity.
Blockchain Project Aims to Apportion and Tokenize the Moon (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
A new blockchain project has launched a registry that would divvy up and tokenize portions of the lunar surface.
Dubbed Diana — after the Roman goddess of the hunt and the moon — the project launched on July 19, just one day before the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing. The goal of this project is purportedly to “secure the possible right of man to the Moon to propose a solution to ‘who owns the moon.’”
ABBC Coin Founder Jason Daniel Paul Philip Forms Ties with Blockchain Startup – PodMiners (BTC Manager), Rated: A
This time around, the brains behind PodMiners are developing a blockchain-based podcasting platform that has caught the attention of the founder of ABBC Coin, Jason Daniel Paul Philip.
German central bank comes out in favor of Facebook’s Libra (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
The president of Germany’s central bank, Bundesbank, has urged his G7 counterparts not to prematurely condemn Facebook’s Libra, the digital currency and alternate financial system the tech giant plans to roll out sometime next year, according to a screenshot of a German newsletter.
Former Owner of the Wex Cryptocurrency Exchange Arrested in Italy (Altcoin Buzz), Rated: A
BBC Russia reports that Dmitri Vasilev, the former CEO the now non-functional Russian crypto exchange WEX, was arrested on Friday in Italy.
Coindesk reports that in 2018, almost $19 million worth of Ethereum moved from the exchange’s cold wallets to Binance. Binance CEO CZ froze WEX’s accounts on Binance.
‘Wild West’ days of cryptocurrency are ending as backlash meets Facebook’s Libra (The Telegraph), Rated: AAA
According to a report from BTVK, the forensic accountancy firm, this lawless period for trading digital currencies like Bitcoin is entering its final phase, with regulators expected to line up rules to bring cryptocurrency exchanges into line.
Nestle and McDonald’s Join JICWEBS’ Blockchain Pilot Program in the UK (All-Stocks), Rated: A
The Joint Industry Committee for Web Standards (JICWEBS) – which is owned by UK’s advertisers, agencies and media owners to enhance the efficiency, transparency, and independence of media companies – has recently announced a pilot program using a distributed ledger technology (DLT).
Nestlé, McDonald’s and Virgin Media have joined the JICWEBS’ pilot program, and in fact, they are the first three major brands enrolling to the program.
WhaleLend to Earn Interest with your cryptocurrency (TEchiexpert), Rated: A
WhaleLend is a saving account for the purpose of digital assets, in which users can easily put their capital to work in the multiple cryptocurrency lending markets. The platform was also designed for the users to earn interest on their digital asset holdings without even taking excessive risks. The investment saving account work for each and every one. Some of the pillars include the:
- Interest rates fluctuate on a daily basis
- Daily paid interests
- Amount of interest paid in the same currency as the investment.
Cudo Miner and Beam Collaborate to Bring Beam to Cudo’s Crypto Mining Platform (Coin Telegraph), Rated: B
Beam is the latest cryptocurrency to be added to Cudo Miner. It was added after a vote by Cudo’s community utilising a user voting system to decide which cryptocurrency to add to the platform next. The addition reflects Beam’s growing reputation as a scalable and confidential privacy coin.
Miners will now be able to directly mine and hold Beam.
Chinese Government Leads the World in Blockchain Standardized Certification (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
Starting 2017, China Electronics Technology Standardization Institute (CESI) – a government authorized institution founded in 1973, has been conducting Standard Blockchain System Function Test in order to pressure test and certify the top blockchain projects operating in China. Since inception, the organization has certified only 30 projects globally, including Lenovo, Alipay, and most recently, aelf.
The test is so complex and difficult that a pass constitutes of a score above 60%. From application to certification, the process takes almost 4 months. Out of an unverified number of applicants, only 30 projects have received certification over the course of the past 2 years.
Blockchain technology: The lucrative future of the gaming industry (Tech in Asia), Rated: AAA
Last year, Asia’s mobile gaming market alone saw a revenue of US$41.5 billion.
One such game – and probably the most famous example – is CryptoKitties. The Ethereum-based game allows users to buy, breed, and trade unique digital kittens with cryptocurrency.
No official ban on cryptocurrency yet, Indian Minister clarifies (Tokenpost), Rated: A
A government official of India recently stepped up to address the concerns with regards to its treatment of cryptocurrency and said that there is no official ban in place just yet.
South Korea lost $ 2.3 billion to cryptocurrency crimes over last 2 years (The Next Web), Rated: A
1. Damage from cryptocurrency-related crimes in South Korea over the last two years is estimated to be $2.3 billion (2.7 trillion Won), according to government data, The Korea Herald reports.
Blockchain Witness app launched (Taipei Times), Rated: A
Local start-up BlockChain Security Inc (區塊科技) on Thursday last week launched the Blockchain Witness app, which offers digital evidence preservation solutions.
The app enables users to take photographs, record voice or store video and upload them in virtual blocks so that the data cannot be falsified, BlockChain Security chief executive officer Po Huang (黃敬博) told a news conference in Taipei.
Samsung Dismisses Rumors of Samsung Coin Affiliation (Altcoin Buzz), Rated: B
On the 19th of July, Samsung representatives denied its association with the Samsung Coin.
Iran Finalizes Electricity Pricing Scheme for Cryptocurrency Miners (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
The Iranian Economic Commission has reportedly finalized a tariff scheme for cryptocurrency miners, according to a July 21 report from Iranian economic daily Financial Tribune.
Per the report, Energy Minister Homayoon Ha’eri announced that, while the tariff scheme has been finalized, it is awaiting approval from the Cabinet of Iran — a governmental body consisting of various ministers and other officials chosen by the president.
Virtual currency and Canada’s anti-money laundering framework (Dentons), Rated: AAA
In 2014, the federal government announced its intention to include dealers in virtual currency within the definition of MSBs. Amendments to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) were proposed, along with the promise of regulatory changes to address emerging concerns that virtual (or digital) currency would provide new opportunities for money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
The Finalized Regulations are directed at several definitions included in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Suspicious Transaction Reporting Regulations.
The definition of “Virtual Currency” was changed quite dramatically from:
- A digital currency that is not a fiat currency and that can be readily exchanged for funds or for another virtual currency that can be readily exchanged for funds; or
- Information that enables a person or entity to have access to a digital currency referred to in paragraph (a).
- A digital representation of value that can be used for payment or investment purposes that is not a fiat currency and that can be readily exchanged for funds or for another virtual currency that can be readily exchanged for funds; or
- A private key of a cryptographic system that enables a person or entity to have access to a digital representation of value referred to in paragraph (a). (monnaie virtuelle)
Canada to Accept Bitcoin Payments with New Partnership (iHODL), Rated: B
Richmond Hill, Canada’s one of the most desirable and growing communities, has begun negotiations with digital currency platform called Coinberry to provide a robust cryptocurrency payment processing solution.
Saint Lucia Taking Part In Digital Currency Project (St. Lucia Times), Rated: AAA
Saint Lucia is among countries participating in in the first phase of the digital currency pilot project of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB), regional reports say.
Antigua and Barbuda,Grenada and St. Kitts and Nevis are the other participants, it was reported.