- Today’s main news: Bitcoin retraces 6%. Binance US tightens KYC policy. SEC says Kik currency offering was illegal. Ledger Live compatible with over 1,250 ERC-20 tokens. Binance Coin strengthens nearly 2% in intraday trading.
- Today’s main analysis: The potential impact decentralized finance has on Ether supply and demand.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Top crypto performers this week. Can you profit from cryptocurrency mining? Common crypto trading myths. Ethereum could go higher as Bitcoin struggles. NEO’s attempt to overtake Ethereum as most developer-friendly blockchain. Predicting BTC prices with rolling-window LSTM.
- Bitcoin retraces 6% in weekend slump. The good news is it recovered yesterday, but today it’s back down to $10,376 as of 9:30 a.m.
- Bitcoin price revives to $10,500. Analyst asks if it could get up to $11,000 by end of day. That was yesterday. BTC’s high yesterday was $10,518.11.
- Binance US tightens KYC policy. Stricter than Binance’s international policy.
- SEC says Kik’s ICO was a security and was illegal. This will likely be a long, drawn out court case, but it will have implications for the broader market.
- Can you profit from crypto mining? This is an excellent analysis of the economics of crypto mining. If you’re considering it, you should read this.
- Using rolling-window LSTM to predict Bitcoin prices. A must-read report.
- Crypto whale moves $1 billion in BTC into one wallet.
- Bitcoin’s scaling problems forced Facebook to create Libra.
- Litecoin adoption is coming.
- Apple executive sees potential in crypto.
- Twitter CEO thinks Bitcoin not functional as currency.
- Celsius deposited $1 billion into BitGo.
- Charles Schwab’s CEO dismisses crypto venture.
- Dash Cash displayed on Times Square Nasdaq Tower.
- Caliber Home Loans lends on Provenance blockchain.
- Top 5 crypto performers. How Monero, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, and Dash did this week.
- Bitcoin, Ether, XRP, and Litecoin had good weeks.
- The potential decentralized finance has on Ether supply and demand. A must-read analysis.
- Common crypto trading myths. An interesting read for anyone interested in cryptocurrency trading.
- Top 5 tips for profiting from crypto day trading.
- Decreasing faith in legacy money is fueling crypto adoption.
- Coinbase, Binance help with hurricane relief.
- Telegram releases code for TON platform.
- Sberbank trials trade finance blockchain for Siberian oil.
- Messaging apps are important tool for crypto adoption.
- Moody’s predicts blockchain to standardize by 2021.
- 5 developments that encourage crypto, blockchain adoption.
- ISOLAS partner calls for global crypto regulation.
- DTCC, Accenture release enterprise distributed ledger governance whitepaper.
- Ethereum price could go higher as Bitcoin struggles.
- Binance Coin strengthens 2% in intraday trading.
- Ledger Live is compatible with more than 1,250 ERC-20 tokens.
- Offchain Labs moves forward with Ethereum scaling solution.
- Istanbul hard fork set to activate on testnet in October.
- Dappradar secures $2.3 million.
- United Kingdom: Lloyd’s of London, Aon lead rise of crypto hacker insurance.
- China: NEO pushes to overtake Ethereum as most developer-friendly blockchain.
- Pakistan: Ripple, Faysal Bank Limited partner on digital payments solution.
- Canada: Bitcoin Bay expands blockchain investment to Toronto.
- China: Digital currency is a threat to financial privacy.
- India: Is bitcoin investing legal?
- Bangladesh: Finney blockchain phone to launch.
- South Korea: LG to launch blockchain smartphone.
- China: Sinochem Energy to build blockchain.
- Singapore: BOLT.Global cofounder comments on bitcoin dominance.
- United States
- Bitcoin Price Retraces 6% in Spiralling Weekend Dump (CCN), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Price Revives to $ 10,500; Can BTC Touch $ 11,000 Today? (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency whale moves whopping $ 1B worth of bitcoin to a single wallet (Tokenpost), Rated: A
- Bitcoin’s Scaling Problems Forced Facebook to Create Libra (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- Predicting Bitcoin Prices by Using Rolling Window LSTM model (Semantic Scholar), Rated: AAA
- Binance.US to Tighten Up KYC Policy (iHodl), Rated: AAA
- SEC Claims Kik’s Kin Is A Security And Its Offering Was Illegal (Mondaq), Rated: AAA
- Can You Make Profits Mining Cryptocurrency? (Cryptobriefing), Rated: AAA
- Adoption is coming for Litecoin – XRP used to Bridge one Currency to Another (The Currency Analytics), Rated: A
- A top Apple executive reveals the company thinks crypto has ‘interesting long-term potential’ (Markets Insider), Rated: A
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Made A Surprise Bitcoin Warning (Forbes), Rated: A
- ICO Startup Celsius Has Reportedly Deposited $ 1 Billion in Crypto with BitGo (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
- Charles Schwab’s CEO Dismisses Venturing into Cryptocurrency Arena (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Dash Cash was displayed on the Times Square Nasdaq Tower for the First Time (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
- Caliber Home Loans Begins Lending on Provenance Blockchain Platform (PR Newswire), Rated: A
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: XMR, EOS, BCH, BTC, DASH (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, And LTC Had A Great Week — What’s Next? (Forbes), Rated: A
- Analyzing the Potential Impact DeFi has on Ether Supply and Demand (TradeBlock), Rated: AAA
- Common Crypto Trading Myths (Cryptomorrow), Rated: AAA
- Day Trading Cryptocurrency – Top 5 Tips To Make Profit (Cryptoticker), Rated: A
- Decreasing Faith in Conventional Monetary System to Fuel Gold and Crypto Adoption (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
- Crypto Exchanges Coinbase and Binance Help With Hurricane Relief Efforts – How Blockchain Could End Charity Fraud… (Global Crypto Press), Rated: A
- Telegram releases code for upcoming TON blockchain platform (Decrypt), Rated: A
- Sberbank trials trade finance blockchain for Siberian oil (Ledger Insights), Rated: A
- An encrypted affair: messaging apps are becoming an important tool for cryptocurrency adoption (e27), Rated: A
- Moody’s predicts blockchain technology to be standardized by 2021 (CoinGeek), Rated: A
- Crypto and Blockchain Adoption Grows: 5 Important Developments Sept. 2–8 (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
- ISOLAS partner calls for global regulatory framework for crypto (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: B
- DTCC, Accenture release enterprise DLT governance whitepaper (Tokenpost), Rated: B
- European Union
- Ethereum Price (ETH) Could Continue Higher While Bitcoin Struggles (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Ethereum’s Istanbul Hard Fork Set to be Activated on Testnet This October (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: B
- Offchain Labs pushes forward with Ethereum scaling solution (Brave New Coin), Rated: A
- Binance Coin Has Shown Strengthening of Almost 2% in the Intraday Trading (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- Ledger Live Is Compatible With More Than 1,250 Ethereum-Based ERC-20 Tokens (CoinTrust), Rated: AAA
- Blockchain startup DappRadar secures $ 2.3M from Naspers Ventures, Blockchain.com Ventures (Tokenpost), Rated: A
- United Kingdom
- Crypto Hacker Insurance on the Rise, Lloyd’s and Aon on Top (w7news), Rated: AAA
- NEO’s push to supplant Ethereum as the most developer-friendly blockchain (CryptoSlate), Rated: AAA
- Chinese digital currency: A threat to financial privacy (Cryptopolitan), Rated: A
- Sinochem Energy partners to build blockchain platform (CoinGeek), Rated: B
- Leading Pakistani Bank Partners Ripple to Launch Digital Payments Solution (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
- World’s ‘First’ Blockchain Smartphone to Become Available in New Market (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
- Is it Legal to Invest in Bitcoins in India? (News18), Rated: A
- LG preparing to launch blockchain smartphones (The Block), Rated: A
- Crypto market continues to gain strength, Bitcoin dominates the market cap at 71% (BOLT Email), Rated: B
- Bitcoin Bay expands blockchain investment to Toronto (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin Price Retraces 6% in Spiralling Weekend Dump (CCN), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin Price Revives to $ 10,500; Can BTC Touch $ 11,000 Today? (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
Yesterday, the coin started with a slight upsurge. The price changed from $10,304 to $10,391. The escalation was of 0.85%. The upsurge continued and took the price to $10,440 from $10,346. This time the progression was of 0.91%. Further, the coin again jumped. The price switched from $10,375 to $10,569 by 1.86%. The coin closed at $10,486 with a progression of 1.77%. Today, the coin moved up from $10,486 to $10,546 by 0.57%.
Cryptocurrency whale moves whopping $ 1B worth of bitcoin to a single wallet (Tokenpost), Rated: A
A cryptocurrency whale has moved a whopping 94,504 bitcoin (worth more than $1 billion dollars) and paid $700 in Bitcoin network fees, according to Twitter-based transaction monitor Whale Alert. To put that into perspective, that’s over 0.5% of all circulating supply.
Bitcoin’s Scaling Problems Forced Facebook to Create Libra (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
If it wasn’t for Bitcoin there would be no Libra. That much is self-evident, since Satoshi’s creation laid the groundwork for every crypto asset that’s followed. The extent to which Bitcoin was responsible for spawning Facebook’s currency has now been made brutally clear in an interview with Abra’s Bill Barhydt. The investment platform’s CEO claims that Facebook wanted to integrate BTC directly into its billion-strong social network – but was forced to create Libra instead due to Bitcoin’s inability to scale.
Predicting Bitcoin Prices by Using Rolling Window LSTM model (Semantic Scholar), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin has recently received considerable interest in the fields of economics and cryptography as its system is based on the latest blockchain technologies. In this study, we used the rolling window long short-term memory (LSTM) model to predict bitcoin price. We selected the input features of the model, which are relevant to macroeconomics, global currency ratios, and blockchain information. We used blockchain information because it has a direct relationship with the supply and demand of bitcoin in the currency market. In order to predict the bitcoin prices, we conducted an empirical study to compare the proposed model with various machine learning models. Our results indicate that the proposed model outperforms other models, and that the rolling window LSTM can accurately predict recent bitcoin prices. We also suggested a new approach to maintain the stable price of the cryprocurrency by adjusting the monetary volume based on the estimated inflation rate. LESS
Read the report here.
Binance.US to Tighten Up KYC Policy (iHodl), Rated: AAA
According to the announcement, the new exchange will implement much more tighten requirements from its users than Binance does.
Thus, users will be required to provide a valid government ID (driver’s license or passport) and social security number (SSN) to register for access to the Binance.US marketplace.
SEC Claims Kik’s Kin Is A Security And Its Offering Was Illegal (Mondaq), Rated: AAA
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has sued Kik Interactive, Inc. (Kik), the owner and operator of Kik Messenger, a mobile messaging app, in federal court claiming that Kik’s 2017 $97-million crowdfunded initial coin offering (ICO) was an illegal public offering.
Can You Make Profits Mining Cryptocurrency? (Cryptobriefing), Rated: AAA
In the U.S., casual miners using a hefty twin GeForce 2080Ti rig might only pull in a couple bucks a day or even less after expenses. At that rate, it could take a couple years or more just to pay for the video cards.
Consider the example of the ASICminer 8 Nano Pro, one of the highest-performing ASICs currently available. It can net you as profit of around $21.00 a day per miner, assuming you’re paying 13 cents per kilowatt hour.
To purchase this machine from ASICminer, you would have to shell out more than $9,000 per unit… and, at the time it was launched, you had to order a minimum of 50 units.
Choosing A Mining Pool
In the case of Slush, for example, pool fees are 2%, which is a little higher than Antpool. But Antpool does not always pay out the transaction fees, whereas Slush has consistently done so.
Adoption is coming for Litecoin – XRP used to Bridge one Currency to Another (The Currency Analytics), Rated: A
The trading volume for Litecoin is recorded at $2.978 billion. The supply consists of 63,206,899 LTC. If the price of the Litecoin continues to go high, it might likely touch upon the overbought territory. The 4-hour RSI is currently at 66.18 percent. Resistance will prevent the flow of the coin near the $71.70 mark.
A top Apple executive reveals the company thinks crypto has ‘interesting long-term potential’ (Markets Insider), Rated: A
“We’re watching cryptocurrency. We think it’s interesting,” vice president of Apple Pay Jennifer Bailey told CNN at the event. “We think it has interesting long-term potential.”
Apple’s potential move into digital coins would serve as “a major shot in the arm for crypto,” Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives told CNN Business. He added that the interest in crypto “could make sense given its sights on further monetizing its consumers.”
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Made A Surprise Bitcoin Warning (Forbes), Rated: A
The bitcoin price has climbed some 200% so far in 2019 as some of the world’s biggest technology companies, led by the likes of Twitter and social media rival Facebook, have expressed interest in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.
However, Dorsey has now warned that bitcoin “is not functional as a currency,” though still thinks bitcoin is preferable to something like Facebook’s planned libra digital currency.
ICO Startup Celsius Has Reportedly Deposited $ 1 Billion in Crypto with BitGo (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
Palo Alto-based Bitcoin security firm BitGo told CoinDesk that Celsius made over $1 billion in crypto asset deposits to its custody accounts during the past year.
Charles Schwab’s CEO Dismisses Venturing into Cryptocurrency Arena (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
According to the statement released by Walt Bettinger, the notable CEO of the Charles Schwab Corporation, cryptocurrencies are speculative and not crucial for his RIA network. Now, this statement of the genius spearhead has created a lot of buzz in the market.
Dash Cash was displayed on the Times Square Nasdaq Tower for the First Time (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
At 11 a.m. Eastern Time, on September 5, 2019, Dash Cash, the world’s leading digital currency, was displayed on the iconic Nasdaq Screen in Times Square.
Caliber Home Loans Begins Lending on Provenance Blockchain Platform (PR Newswire), Rated: A
Caliber is originating Caliber Home Equity Line of Credit loans as the first customer licensing Figure SaaS, a best of class loan origination system natively integrated into blockchain. Figure SaaS offers loan origination platforms in home equity and mortgage, and will soon offer multiple other asset classes and product offerings. All will feature full integration into Provenance to deliver origination, servicing and financing benefits.
Top-5 Crypto Performers: XMR, EOS, BCH, BTC, DASH (Coin Telegraph), Rated: AAA
Monero (XMR) was the best performer among major cryptocurrencies by a wide margin. It has rallied close to 15% in the past seven days.
EOS is the second-best performer and has risen over 10% in the past seven days. Is this a dead cat bounce or the start of a sustainable rally? Let’s analyze its chart.
We like the sharp bounce in the BTC/USD pair from the trendline of the symmetrical triangle. This shows accumulation by bulls when the pair dips to the strong support of $9,080. The cryptocurrency can now rise to the downtrend line of the symmetrical triangle. A breakout of the triangle will be a positive sign that has a target objective of $15,376.96. Therefore, traders can buy on a close (UTC time) above the downtrend line and keep a stop loss of $9,000. The up-sloping moving averages and RSI above 50 show that bulls hold the advantage.
Dash (DASH) has partnered with IQ CashNow, which specializes in cryptocurrency ATMs. This move will add over 1,000 additional merchants who accept Dash and integrate over 250 additional ATMs.
In the last week of August, the DASH/USD pair dipped below the 78.6% Fibonacci retracement level of the rally, which is a bearish sign. Usually, this is followed by a complete 100% retracement, which in this case will be a fall to $58.49.
Bitcoin, ETH, XRP, And LTC Had A Great Week — What’s Next? (Forbes), Rated: A
Last week was a great week for major cryptocurrencies, especially for Bitcoin and Litecoin. Bitcoin was up 9.48%, ETH was up 5.52%, XRP was up 1.49%, and LTC was up 8.60%–see Table 1. Bitcoin rose above the key $10,000-mark.
Analyzing the Potential Impact DeFi has on Ether Supply and Demand (TradeBlock), Rated: AAA
Decentralized financial (DeFi) applications have risen rapidly in the broader digital currency ecosystem, presenting one of the leading use cases for the Ethereum network. Over the past year, several high profile DeFi platforms have launched to considerable market interest. While each DeFi platform has unique characteristics, and in many cases differing services and business models, one common thread amongst the majority of them, is the use of ether (Ethereum’s native token) as collateral on the platform.
Year-over-year, the average monthly growth rate in net new ETH added across DeFi platforms stood at ~17%.
Over the last year, more than 125,000 ETH, on average, were added across DeFi platforms each month. Analogously, the average daily demand for ETH each day, over this one year period, stood at just over 4,000. Over the last full month period (July 2019), the average daily demand declined to approximately 1,300 ETH per day.
Common Crypto Trading Myths (Cryptomorrow), Rated: AAA
1. Crypto is quick path to riches
Besides, high probability of and action of market manipulation; trading errors and wrong judgement; inaccuracy of trading data; pumps and dumps; high volatility and other risks make it a piece of work and not an easy path to riches for any trader.
2. Funds are not safe on crypto exchanges
Why because the crypto exchanges are no longer the same we knew a few years ago. To put it clearer, they are more secure. Besides, blockchain itself is impenetrable to date (most hacks happen due to neglect on the part of owners and businesses, insider job, code errors/flaws and other issues as services are added or layered onto blockchain and most of these can be identified and rectified before it is too late) with almost all exchanges now having aggressive and detailed security procedures and processes.
3. Crypto ‘whales’ control the market
Third point is logical: There were reports last year that less or only about 1000 individuals have $105 million worth of BTC each (or just 1600 wallets containing more than 1,000 BTC) which makes a crucial point that whales have an important role in the market controlling up to a third — but not all.
That makes it really mythical to think a single person would sit behind a computer or whatever, controlling the market. Barely would a 1000, or 100 or even 100 or 50 or 20 whale individuals or individual groups sit down and agree on how to manipulate the market together.
4. It is too early/late to start trading cryptocurrency
Crypto is no longer in its early phase: While you would rarely find people talking crypto in 2014, more than ten years of Bitcoin, there are close to 5000 altcoins in the market today. Figure out this; 150 crypto hedge funds launched last year and more keep launching, and there is at least more than one daily crypto show on US national TV, CNBC and Bloomberg talking about digital assets.
Day Trading Cryptocurrency – Top 5 Tips To Make Profit (Cryptoticker), Rated: A
Day Trading is the method of purchasing or selling a cryptocurrency. The complete process can be summed up as buy low, sell high. The “day” phase of day trading is its short-term quality. The purpose of day trading is to enter into the market, choose a state, keep a close watch on that state, and then leave at a profit. Here are the top 5 tips to make profit in the cryptocurrency world:
Decreasing Faith in Conventional Monetary System to Fuel Gold and Crypto Adoption (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: A
World over today the system of a monetary system based on fiat currencies is under severe pressure which people increasingly losing faith in the central banks and regulatory authorities. One of the reasons behind this situation is looming economic slowdown which according to many will wipe out older practices in the financial technology domain including the dominance of fiat currencies and central banks. The writing might not be very clear on the wall at this point but, experts agree that if this economic slowdown intensifies, we might reach a condition where gold and cryptocurrencies will slowly overtake the conventional monetary system.
Crypto Exchanges Coinbase and Binance Help With Hurricane Relief Efforts – How Blockchain Could End Charity Fraud… (Global Crypto Press), Rated: A
Both Binance and Coinbase have announced they’ll be accepting cryptocurrency donations for relief efforts related to hurricane Dorian.
Following last years major hurricanes Harvey and Irma, law enforcement received over 400 reports of charity fraud.
Telegram releases code for upcoming TON blockchain platform (Decrypt), Rated: A
Telegram, the team behind the 365 million-strong encrypted messaging app, is getting ready to release its upcoming blockchain, called TON, which is scheduled for next month. It released code and documentation for a testnet version of the blockchain on Friday.
Sberbank trials trade finance blockchain for Siberian oil (Ledger Insights), Rated: A
Last week Russia’s Sberbank announced it completed a pilot blockchain transaction with Singapore commodities company Trafigura. The distributed ledger technology (DLT) was used for the supply of West Siberian oil.
An encrypted affair: messaging apps are becoming an important tool for cryptocurrency adoption (e27), Rated: A
Coinciding with the rise of smartphones and the growth of social media platforms in the early part of the decade was the emergence of messaging apps.
They’re seen as the successors of those web-based instant messaging platforms that were popular in the 2000s. Essentially the same concept, except the net messengers of today are ensconced in millions upon millions of smartphones in the pockets of over 3 billion people.
Moody’s predicts blockchain technology to be standardized by 2021 (CoinGeek), Rated: A
According to a recent report issued by the financial and investor services company Moody, it is expected that blockchain technology will become standardized across the globe by the year 2021. The current lack of any standards, at least formalized across international borders, is holding back the industry though, prompting a need for adopting a set of standards.
The report, published on September 5, explained that there will likely be standards governing the industry within the next couple of years.
Crypto and Blockchain Adoption Grows: 5 Important Developments Sept. 2–8 (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
- PwC Luxembourg to start accepting Bitcoin payments
- Japanese regulator grants cryptocurrency exchange license to LINE subsidiary
- HSBC uses blockchain platform to issue letter of credit
- National cryptocurrency in the Marshall Islands
- Reports of a cryptocurrency-enabled Samsung phone
ISOLAS partner calls for global regulatory framework for crypto (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: B
ISOLAS partner Joey Garcia called for global regulatory frameworks for cryptocurrency at a recent UN meeting.
He said: “Cryptocurrencies are set to keep transforming the international financial services sector with recent initiatives such as the JP Morgan and Facebook Libra projects escalating those discussions. Benefits will no doubt be wide-ranging, however a robust and appropriate regulatory framework that is purpose built is key to facilitating this growth.
DTCC, Accenture release enterprise DLT governance whitepaper (Tokenpost), Rated: B
Post-trade financial service firm Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) and Accenture, a global accounting giant, have revealed a distributed ledger technology (DLT) operating model to manage risks and consequences of an emerging DLT landscape.
The model, introduced in a whitepaper “Governing DLT Networks,” aims to ensure the safety of the network for the benefits of those involved and to allow DLT to attain its full potential, including governing functions to make decisions that will affect activity, connectivity, software changes, contractual agreements, and transaction finality for all network participants.
Ethereum Price (ETH) Could Continue Higher While Bitcoin Struggles (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
Recently, there was a solid rise in ETH price above the $175 resistance area against the US Dollar. However, bitcoin price struggled to gain momentum above the $10,500 resistance area. The recent rise in pushed Ethereum above the $180 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average. Moreover, the price traded close to the $185 level and recently started a short term downside correction.
It traded below the $180 level and the tested the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $165 low to $185 high. At the outset, there is a key breakout pattern forming with support near $180 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD. It seems like the price might decline a few points below the trend line support at $180. The next key support is near the $178 level and the 100 hourly SMA.
Ethereum’s Istanbul Hard Fork Set to be Activated on Testnet This October (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: B
On Friday, September 7th, Hudson Jameson, community manager of Ethereum Foundation officially declared that the system-wide upgrade of Ethereum’s Istanbul hard fork had been set to be activated on the testnet by this October. Jameson, on an Ethereum’s internal core developer call, said,
Offchain Labs pushes forward with Ethereum scaling solution (Brave New Coin), Rated: A
The Offchain Labs Arbitrum software is compatible with Ethereum Dapps and is designed to allow smart contracts to process more than 500 transactions per second. The company is releasing the Arbitrum code as an open-source project so that other developers are able to build blockchain dapps at scale.
Binance Coin Has Shown Strengthening of Almost 2% in the Intraday Trading (CryptoNewsZ), Rated: AAA
- The trading price of Binance Coin (BNB) was at around 22.153 USD.
- Against Bitcoin, the crypto was valued at 0.00216141 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) is currently ranked at 7th position in the crypto market.
- Additionally, the total Market Cap of the altcoin was 3,545,857,913 USD.
- At the same time, the 24-hour volume of BNB was 198,596,926 USD.
- With a total of 155,536,713 BNB chips in circulation, the ROI in the coin was more than 9000%.
Ledger Live Is Compatible With More Than 1,250 Ethereum-Based ERC-20 Tokens (CoinTrust), Rated: AAA
Ledger, the French hardware wallet manufacturer, revealed that Ledger Live, the crypto management software, is compatible with Ethereum (ETH) ERC-20 tokens.
While revealing the info through a blog post, Ledger stated that the version 1.14.0 of Ledger Live software supports more than 1,250 Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens.
Blockchain startup DappRadar secures $ 2.3M from Naspers Ventures, Blockchain.com Ventures (Tokenpost), Rated: A
Blockchain startup DappRadar, a platform designed to monitor and analyze decentralized app data, has scored $2.3 million in investment led by Naspers Ventures, with participation from Blockchain.com Ventures and Angel Invest Berlin.
Crypto Hacker Insurance on the Rise, Lloyd’s and Aon on Top (w7news), Rated: AAA
According to Joshua Motta, CEO of cybersecurity firm Coalition, as cited by Forbes, more and more individuals are looking for digital cash solutions to financial matters. In fact, the market is now valued at $200 million and $500 million in premium revenue. He also predicts a fast increase in the cyber coverage sector’s adoption rates from 20% to 25%.
Prominent coverage provider Lloyd’s of London is known to provide special policy services to businesses. Almost $255 million is purportedly covered by the service.
Meanwhile, insurtech firm Aon is also set to be on top of the crypto-insurance market with its technology insurance brokerage arm.
NEO’s push to supplant Ethereum as the most developer-friendly blockchain (CryptoSlate), Rated: AAA
In May 2019, NEO announced EcoBoost, $100 million earmarked to fund software projects around the blockchain. For reference, the Ethereum Foundation plans to spend $30 million over the course of the year, reported CoinDesk in May.
Ethereum represents 63 percent of the $30 billion smart contract segment, in terms of aggregate market capitalization, with a valuation of $18.9 billion. In comparison, NEO represents just 2.1 percent of the segment, with a market capitalization of $641 million.
NEO boasts over $535 million in assets on its balance sheet in cryptocurrency alone, the largest portion of which stems from the 50 million (out of a total supply of 100 million) NEO tokens retained from its fundraising event.
Chinese digital currency: A threat to financial privacy (Cryptopolitan), Rated: A
The people’s republic of China has been planning to launch a Chinese digital currency for the better part of the decade.
Sinochem Energy partners to build blockchain platform (CoinGeek), Rated: B
Sinochem Energy Technology Co Ltd is partnering with Macquarie Group and Royal Dutch Shell to build a new energy blockchain platform, according to a new report. A memorandum of understanding has been reached between the three partners that will build this platform for crude oil which will be used for trades and settlements.
Leading Pakistani Bank Partners Ripple to Launch Digital Payments Solution (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
One of Pakistan’s largest financial institutions, Faysal Bank Limited (FBL) has launched a digital payments solution through a partnership with US-based Ripple, a blockchain-based money transfer platform.
World’s ‘First’ Blockchain Smartphone to Become Available in New Market (Coin Telegraph), Rated: A
According to a 2018 report from global research firm GSMA Intelligence, by 2025, 75% of the population (138 million) will have smartphones, while 41% (73 million) will be mobile internet subscribers.
Finney, the world’s purportedly first blockchain-enabled smartphone, will soon be available for purchase in Bangladesh.
According to a report by local newspaper The Daily Star on Sept. 9, the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission approved the phone for import in August and it will be available on the Bangladeshi market in October.
Is it Legal to Invest in Bitcoins in India? (News18), Rated: A
India has not had a positive stance towards Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. A high-level government panel on virtual cryptocurrencies has recommended a ban on all virtual cryptocurrencies in India. The committee had submitted its report on 23 July 2019, along with a proposed draft bill, Banning of Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2019. It is available on the website of the Department of Economic Affairs.
Along with the ban, the committee has also proposed a fine of Rs 25 crore and imprisonment up to 10 years for any activity related to virtual currencies, which is carried out by individuals or companies.
LG preparing to launch blockchain smartphones (The Block), Rated: A
South Korean electronics manufacturer LG Corporation is said to be launching blockchain-friendly smartphones soon.
The company has already completed the market research of blockchain companies and decentralized apps (dApps), local media outlet IT Chosun reported Sunday, citing an industry source.
Crypto market continues to gain strength, Bitcoin dominates the market cap at 71% (BOLT Email), Rated: B
The following comments are from Christel Quek, chief commercial officer and cofounder of BOLT.Global:
“With crypto markets gaining strength over the last few months, Bitcoin has been the biggest benefactor, outperforming alt coins over the last three months and further consolidating market dominance. The currency currently holds a 71% share of the crypto market cap, with the price stabilising at the $10,000 levels.
Now viewing Bitcoin from a new vantage point of continued technical strength, there are blue skies ahead – it seems the conditions were right for such gains while overall market consensus assumes we have entered the early phase of the next bull cycle.
The alt coin market has largely benefited by the revival of bitcoin, but appetite for other crypto tokens still dwarf in comparison. The other major alt tokens needs to develop sound technical and commercial applications to gain strength. For the moment, as bitcoin mining consolidates, its price will continue to surge. Once we reach a 90% cap, the value should rise exponentially and take up much of the news agenda – a cycle that can inflate its price point.”
Bitcoin Bay expands blockchain investment to Toronto (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: AAA
Canadian blockchain company Bitcoin Bay has partnered with investment group BitAngels to expand the blockchain investment ecosystem in Toronto, according to a press release shared with Coin Rivet.
Bitcoin Bay specialises in consulting, product development, smart contract development, and community engagement. By partnering with BitAngels, Bitcoin Bay will become BitAngels’ ‘city leader’ in Toronto. It will host a monthly or bi-monthly event focusing on:
- Market trends
- Blockchain start-up presentations
- Networking between venture capital companies, angel investors, and developers