- Today’s main news: XRP overtakes Ethereum, then Ethereum regains. Investors not happy with handling of Bitcoin bug. Coinbase, EOS, Stellar pay $60K in bug bounties to white hat hackers this week. Binance to fix BNB circulating supply discrepancies. Bitcoin, Ripple edge lower while Stellar shoots for the moon. Binance CEO mobbed in Singapore.
- Today’s main analysis: The biggest winners and losers among cryptocurrency forks.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Siacoin is leading today’s crypto market momentum. Where cryptocurrencies fit into global wealth. Iceland to shift to pure blockchain business from crypto mining. Investors flock to Bitcoin in Argentina. What pushed Ripple up this week. Is your smart TV secretly mining Monero?
- Handling of Bitcoin bug ruffles feathers. You can’t make everyone happy, but not making anyone happy could be a problem.
- What pushed Ripple/XRP up this week? A good analysis and likely right on the money.
- Reasons behind Ripple’s Leap. Offers competing possibilities, but it’s likely multiple factors as stated in the above article.
- Ripple passes 200-day moving average.
- Coil allows YouTube, Twitch, Wikipedia content creators to accept XRP.
- Is your smart TV mining Monero? There’s been a huge spike in crypto mining malware this year and it looks like Monero is one of the biggest cryptos being used. This could turn into a bigger problem for smart appliances and electronics.
- Does cryptocurrency need regulating?
- Former Huobi US compliance chief discusses New York AG crypto exchange report.
- Tron Network to establish decentralized exchange.
- Houston Rockets get sponsorship from AntPool.
- Atomic wallet adds Decred.
- Why own a crypto wallet in today’s economy.
- Blockchain.com allleges Blockchain.io intentionally created brand confusion.
- Has crypto-advocacy come of age?
- Blockchain to power death notice service.
- Perfect365 takes cryptocurrencies to the beauty market.
- Bitcoin Cash fans launch Bitcoincashtalk forum.
- CoinBundle appoints senior advisor.
- Coinbase, EOS, Stellar pay out $60,000 in bug bounties to white hat hackers this week.
- Siacoin leads today’s market momentum.
- Winners and losers among cryptocurrency forks.
- Where cryptocurrencies fall in global wealth.
- Movement building to block ASIC miners from Ethereum blockchain.
- IOTA launches first smart contract.
- Blockchain is disrupting $100 trillion global payments industry.
- Cryptocurrencies with the fastest transaction time.
- BitPesa, SBI Remit partner on blockchain payments between Japan and Africa.
- China, USA, Russia look to blockchain for military operations.
- Zeex expands with multiple partnerships.
- XRP overtakes ETH, then they switch places. This is big news for Ripple, and significant for the life of both cryptocurrencies. Ethereum has been struggling lately. XRP hit a rally. The question is, can XRP turn this short-term rally into a long-term gain? Could it ever become the #2 or #1 cryptocurrency?
- ETC gained ground on ETH.
- Binance moves to fix BNB circulating supply discrepancies.
- Switzerland eases crypto regulation.
- Opera launches special ‘Labs’ version of built-in crypto wallet for desktop browser.
- UNICEF accepts cryptocurrency donations.
- Trezor may add Tezos support soon.
- Dogecoin posts slight gain.
- B Foundation for Bitcoin launched.
- Bitcoin, Ripple lower while Stellar rockets. It was an interesting weekend.
- XRP briefly dethrones Ethereum at No. 2 spot.
- Binance CEO mobbed in Singapore.
- ICON releases mainnet 3.0 and 2nd yellow paper.
- Indian authorities round up Bitcoin scammer’s properties worth $60 million.
- Qtum unveils 0.16 update, turns one year old.
- Crypto theft shows need for regulation.
- South Korea’s winding regulatory path.
- Cryptocurrencies boost local economy in Phillipines.
- Argentina: Investors flock to Bitcoin.
- Iceland: Country shifts from crypto mining to pure blockchain business.
- China: Taiwan politician receives first-ever crypto donation.
- Russia: Banks are willing to work with cryptocurrencies.
- Brazil: Grupo XP launching a digital currency exchange.
- Qatar: Gulf Blockchain Foundation co-founder sees no crypto future.
- United States
- HANDLING OF RECENT BITCOIN BUG RUFFLES FEATHERS (Bitcoinist), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin ATM CEO: Cryptocurrency Needs Regulation to Survive (CCN), Rated: A
- More than a Ripple: What Pushed XRP up 100% in a Week (CCN), Rated: AAA
- From Adoption to FOMO: Reasons Behind Ripple’s Leap (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- Ripple rips above its 200 day MA for the first times since May (ForexLive), Rated: A
- YouTube, Twitch, and Wikipedia content creator to accept Ripple’s XRP (BCFocus), Rated: A
- YOUR SMART TV MIGHT BE MINING MONERO BEHIND YOUR BACK (The Outline), Rated: AAA
- Former Huobi US Compliance Chief Talks NY Cryptocurrency Exchange Report (CCN), Rated: A
- Tron Network to come up with a decentralized exchange (BCFocus), Rated: A
- HOUSTON ROCKETS INKS SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH BITCOIN MINING POOL ‘ANTPOOL’ (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
- Decred (DCR) added to Atomic wallet (Token Tops), Rated: A
- Why Own a Crypto Wallet with Today’s Economy (Digital Journal), Rated: A
- Crypto Wallet Provider Blockchain.com Alleges Blockchain.io Has Intentionally Created Brand Confusion (CryptoGlobe), Rated: A
- Crypto-Advocacy Comes Of Age As Trade Groups And Think Tanks Move On Washington (Forbes), Rated: A
- Blockchain Tech to Power Death Notice Service (ThinkAdvisor), Rated: A
- Beauty And The Blockchain: Perfect365 Is Taking Cryptos To The Beauty Market (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
- Bitcoin Cash Fans Launch Bitcoincashtalk As An Alternative To Bitcointalk (Ethereum World News), Rated: B
- Crypto investment platform CoinBundle appoints Senior Advisor (Institutional Asset Manager), Rated: B
- Coinbase, EOS, and Stellar Pay Out $ 60k in Bug Bounties to White Hat Hackers This Week Alone (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: AAA
- Siacoin Leading Monday Momentum (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- A Snapshot of Cryptocurrency Forks Shows the Biggest Winners and Losers (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- The Place of Cryptocurrencies in the System of the Entire World’s Wealth (Coin Idol), Rated: AAA
- Momentum Is Building to Block Big Miners from Ethereum’s Blockchain (CoinDesk), Rated: A
- First Smart Contract on IOTA Goes Live (Token Tops), Rated: A
- Blockhain Technology Already Disrupting the $ 100 Trillion Global Payments Industry (CryptoGlobe), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies With Fastest Transaction Time (Coin Newspress), Rated: A
- BitPesa, SBI Remit Partner for Blockchain Payments Between Japan And Africa (CCN), Rated: A
- CHINA, RUSSIA, USA IN RACE TO USE BLOCKCHAIN FOR MILITARY OPERATIONS (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
- Zeex Expands Through Multiple New Partnerships (Global Coin Report), Rated: B
- European Union
- Ethereum (ETH) Reclaims The Number 2 Spot After XRP’s Recent Surge In The Markets (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) Gaining Ground with Good News as Ethereum (ETH) Falters (Crypto Globalist), Rated: A
- Binance Moves To Fix BNB Circulating Supply Discrepancies Reported On CMC (XBT Network), Rated: AAA
- Switzerland Eases Crypto Regulations to Prevent Market Withdrawal (Unhashed), Rated: A
- Opera Launches Special ‘Labs’ Version of Built-In Crypto Wallet for Desktop Browser (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- UNICEF now accepting donations in cryptocurrencies (Coin Newspress), Rated: A
- Trezor Could Be Adding Tezos (XTZ) Support Soon! (Token Tops), Rated: A
- Dogecoin (DOGE) Defies Red Market, Posts Slight Gain (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
- Vranova and Zucco Announce Creation of Bitcoin “B Foundation” (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: A
- Taiwan Politician Receives Cryptocurrency Donation In First-Ever (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin and Ripple edge lower, but Stellar rockets on Circle (Fool.com.au), Rated: AAA
- XRP briefly dethrones Ether as second highest cap cryptocurrency (Finder), Rated: AAA
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao Mobbed During a Singapore Conference (Blokt), Rated: AAA
- ICON Releases Mainnet 3.0 And 2nd Yellow Paper (Invest in Blockchain), Rated: A
- Indian Authorities Round up on Bitcoin Scammer’s Properties Worth $ 60 Million (CCN), Rated: A
- Qtum Unveils 0.16 Update on First Birthday, Targets 50,000 Tx/S (Cryptoslate), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency theft shows need for effective regulations (The Asahi Shimbun), Rated: A
- South Korea’s winding regulatory path (Asian Review), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies boost local economy (Philstar Global), Rated: B
- Russian Banks Would Be Willing To Work With Cryptocurrencies (Crypto Crimson), Rated: AAA
- Co-Founder of Gulf Blockchain Foundation Doesn’t See Strong Future for Crypto in Qatar (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Iceland’s Industry to Shift From Crypto Mining to ‘Pure Blockchain Business,’ Insiders Say (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- Latin America
- IN ARGENTINA, INVESTORS FLOCK TO SAFE-HAVEN BITCOIN (Bitcoinist), Rated: AAA
- Grupo XP – Brazil’s Biggest Independent Broker – Is Launching a Digital Currency Exchange (Smartereum), Rated: A
HANDLING OF RECENT BITCOIN BUG RUFFLES FEATHERS (Bitcoinist), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin Core developers urged all nodes to implement a patch on Friday, September 21, in order to prevent the exploitation of a recently discovered bug in the Bitcoin protocol. The bug, called CVE-2018-17144, was originally reported to the Bitcoin Core team by Bitcoin Cash developer Awemany on September 17.
The discovery of the bug and the Core developers attempts to address it have caused ruffled feathers in the crypto community. Allegations of incompetence and bad-faith have been leveled by members of both the Bitcoin (BTC) $6595.38 -0.18% and Bitcoin Cash community as developers attempt to patch the bug.
More than a Ripple: What Pushed XRP up 100% in a Week (CCN), Rated: AAA
In a supernormal rally that almost lost ethereum its silver spot, ripple (XRP) gained about 100 percent in a week.
The maximum difference in XRP’s market cap between the week’s lowest and highest level turned out to be almost $19.8 billion. That’s nearly a 184 percent jump.
Ripple Labs’ long-anticipated cryptocurrency service, dubbed xRapid, is heading for a commercial launch as soon as next month.
An announcement linking XRP with the web’s biggest names, including Wikipedia, Twitch, and YouTube, came on Sept. 20 from Coil.
When an asset keeps breaking its crucial resistance levels one after another, day traders mainly go long on their positions in “fear of missing out” on profits.
From Adoption to FOMO: Reasons Behind Ripple’s Leap (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
Over the past week, altcoin Ripple’s (XRP) price has gone through the roof. It has seen an unprecedented 140 percent growth over the past seven days, up almost 63 percent in the past 24 hours alone, trading at around $0.61 at press time.
XRP has gone as far as to beat Ethereum (ETH) to be ranked number two by total market capitalization on CoinMarketCap (returned to the third spot by the press time). What could possibly drive the price so high? While there’s no definite answer to that question, here’s some background and theories.
Ripple rips above its 200 day MA for the first times since May (ForexLive), Rated: A
Adam pointed out the oversized gain in Ripple today. The digital offering rose some 77% from yesterday’s close at the high. Just when you thought cannibas would overtake digital currencies, the market in digital heats up again. Is it for real?<
YouTube, Twitch, and Wikipedia content creator to accept Ripple’s XRP (BCFocus), Rated: A
Internet content creators can now accept XRP as payment from users directly. The whole tipping-for-content has become possible because of Coil – the idea of former Ripple Labs’ CTO Stefan Thomas.
The beta version of the browser extension app, called Coil, has been launched and now, users can tip content creators directly with Ripple’s XRP, CCN reported. “For decades, people have discussed the potential of micropayments to support content creators that would move us away from the broken ad-supported web,” Thomas said.
YOUR SMART TV MIGHT BE MINING MONERO BEHIND YOUR BACK (The Outline), Rated: AAA
If your computer and/or smart fridge has been running slow in the last few months, you might be in the cryptocurrency mining business and not even realize it. A new paper by the cybersecurity industry group Cyber Threat Alliance finds that rates of cryptojacking — the term for secretly installed malware stealing your computing power to mine cryptocurrency for someone else — have risen by 459 percent since 2017.
Read the full report on illegal crypto mining here.
Harry Zhou, former general counsel and compliance officer for Huobi US, spoke with CCN about the latest report from New York’s attorney general on cryptocurrency exchanges.
Speaking with CCN, he discussed the overall impact the report could have on exchanges across the U.S., including efforts some exchanges are making to gain federal approval. Gaining federal approval for a banking charter would ease the cumbersome process of obtaining licenses as money transmitter businesses in each state.
Tron Network to come up with a decentralized exchange (BCFocus), Rated: A
Tron, a relatively young platform, aims to ‘decentralize the web’. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they want to create a decentralized exchange for TRX tokens. Tron launched their mainnet in June 2018 and just recently launched its fully functional Tron Virtual Machine.
HOUSTON ROCKETS INKS SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH BITCOIN MINING POOL ‘ANTPOOL’ (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
Popular National Basketball Association (NBA) team, Houston Rockets, recently entered into a sponsorship agreement with AntPool, one of the largest Bitcoin mining pools. The deal sees the Bitmain-owned AntPool sponsoring the Rockets for the upcoming 2018/2019 NBA season.
Decred (DCR) added to Atomic wallet (Token Tops), Rated: A
Multi-cryptocurrency wallet Atomic has recently announced it has added Decred (DCR) to its more than 300 supported cryptocurrencies and ERC-20 Tokens. The announcement was made via Atomic’s official Twitter account.
Why Own a Crypto Wallet with Today’s Economy (Digital Journal), Rated: A
Cryptocurrencies have gone from being an obscure fad in the digital underground pre-2010 to full-blown acceptance in the mainstream by 2018, and every time you turn around there’s a news story or social media article about them. The industry supporting Crypto has become so vast that the University of Notre Dame actually has a leading course on Cryptology!
Crypto Wallet Provider Blockchain.com Alleges Blockchain.io Has Intentionally Created Brand Confusion (CryptoGlobe), Rated: A
Blockchain.com, a cryptocurrency wallet provider and popular block explorer, has alleged in a complaint filed in US federal court that a company called blockchain.io is “confusing consumers into thinking they are Blockchain.” In a detailed blog post published on September 20th, Blockchain.com has accused blockchain.io of intentionally using a “similar domain name”, “similar logo” and “similar colors.”
Meanwhile, political and regulatory pressure in the U.S. continues to mount as Congress and executive branch agencies further probe these new technologies and incumbents posture themselves to protect their turf.
Put it all together, and it’s not a stretch to say that the future of the nascent ‘crypto industry’ in the U.S. may be defined by what happens in Washington over the next one to two years.
Blockchain Tech to Power Death Notice Service (ThinkAdvisor), Rated: A
LIMRA is teaming up with RiskBlock Alliance to develop blockchain-technology-based services for life insurance and annuity issuers.
Beauty And The Blockchain: Perfect365 Is Taking Cryptos To The Beauty Market (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
The new exciting venture features Perfect365’s partnership with Kin. Kin is a cryptocurrency created by Kik. This new move is aimed at attracting more females to the crypto space. According to a survey carried out by Forbes, only about 5% of the female population actually wants anything to do with cryptocurrencies. In fact, another survey conducted by Perfect365 indicates that only 12% of them own cryptos.
Bitcoin Cash Fans Launch Bitcoincashtalk As An Alternative To Bitcointalk (Ethereum World News), Rated: B
Bitcoincashtalk was born as a new forum to promote the interaction among Bitcoin Cash fans; however its description is already a little controversial, as are many of the actions taken by the advocates of this popular altcoin:
“Bitcoin Cash Talk is a community forum for all discussion related to Bitcoin as a peer-to-peer electronic cash system for the world.”
Crypto investment platform CoinBundle appoints Senior Advisor (Institutional Asset Manager), Rated: B
Crypto investment platform CoinBundle has added Katherine Hensel, as a special adviser on the company’s advisory board.
Coinbase, EOS, and Stellar Pay Out $ 60k in Bug Bounties to White Hat Hackers This Week Alone (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: AAA
Coinbase, EOS, and Stellar recently rewarded the white hat hackers who were able to discover security flaws in their crypto platforms. EOS, in particular, has paid more than $500,000 of bounties for finding bugs in its platform.
According to reports, Block.one has paid bounties totaling more than $60,000 over the past week. The company announced a reward of $10,000 for each of the bounties, of which six were marked as ‘critical threats’.
Even Coinbase paid out six such bounties, each one worth $4200. In addition, Augur, a decentralized betting platform running on the Ethereum blockchain, also followed the same trend, paying $500 per bounty.
Siacoin Leading Monday Momentum (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
Cryptocurrencies are green this Monday morning on the Asian markets. The weekend recovery has held firm and the majority of cryptos are still rising. Market capitalization has remained above $225 billion and is still heading upwards at the time of writing.
Altcoins are recovering well, largely at the expense of Bitcoin for a change. According to Coinmarketcap the top ten is all in the green aside from XRP which has pulled back a little from its huge pump over the past few days. The top performer in this section at the moment is Stellar which has made 8% on the day to $0.279. Cardano has also made a little back with 5.5% on the day but ADA is still very low.
Today’s top performer in the top one hundred is Siacoin jumping 21% in 24 hours. Over the past month SC has made a solid 30%. Other altcoins performing well at the moment include ReddCoin, 0x and Bytecoin all trading over 8% higher right now along with Stellar.
A Snapshot of Cryptocurrency Forks Shows the Biggest Winners and Losers (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
Who can forget Zclassic, this year’s worst performing altcoin, which would now require a 70x for ATH buyers to break even? That wouldn’t be a problem if the forked coin ZCL holders were receiving had performed relatively well, but Bitcoin Private has also proven disastrous. It’s currently trading shy of $3, from a peak of $77, making it 2018’s second worst performing coin.
It is no coincidence that three of the 10 worst performing coins this year are all Bitcoin forks: Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, and Bitcoin Private are all down by over 90%.
“There are 96 Bitcoin fork projects in total. Of those, 69 are considered active projects relevant to holders of Bitcoin (BTC). The remaining 27 are considered historic and are no longer relevant. Additionally, there are 21 altcoin fork projects which have some similarity to Bitcoin fork projects, but have their heritage from a major altcoin.”
The Place of Cryptocurrencies in the System of the Entire World’s Wealth (Coin Idol), Rated: AAA
Apple, is worth $888B more than bitcoin ($1T vs. $112B). Cryptocurrencies are even tinier compared to the world’s stock markets at just 0.30% ($67.5T vs. $202B). Cryptocurrencies are the equivalent of only 0.23% of all the money in the world, broadly defined ($86.5T vs. $202B). Given all these comparisons, it is clear that cryptos are only at the beginning of its route and there is a lot of unpredictable twists ahead.
The overall market cap of Bitcoin has more than doubled from $41B to $112B over the past year.
Momentum Is Building to Block Big Miners from Ethereum’s Blockchain (CoinDesk), Rated: A
Underway since April, the controversy surrounding application-specific integrated circuits (or ASICs) on ethereum rose after news broke last Thursday of a new line of specialized mining hardware that claims to generate more than six times as much profit as that of the product of its main competitor, mining giant Bitmain.
Following the news – and citing concerns regarding the lack of action taken by developers to stop the growing use of ASICs on the network, which many believe would effectively price out smaller miners – some proponents called for an all-out “strike” by GPU miners.
First Smart Contract on IOTA Goes Live (Token Tops), Rated: A
A smart contract on IOTA’s core protocol has finally been launched, thanks to a clever idea that uses special system of four layers to overcome IOTA’s native incompatibility with enforced decentralized digital contracts. The smart contract is called Microhash, and it was structured in a way that uses quorum consensus framework Qubic Lite and a qApp build on said framework named TOQEN.
Blockhain Technology Already Disrupting the $ 100 Trillion Global Payments Industry (CryptoGlobe), Rated: A
According to Kulkarni’s research, $140 billion has been invested in developing more advance mobile networks and improving distributed ledger technology (DLT). He predicts:
fears about customer data and privacy and regulatory changes may impact the industry in unprecedented ways.
Cryptocurrencies With Fastest Transaction Time (Coin Newspress), Rated: A
Nano, previously known as Raiblocks was launched in 2017 and it is one of the fastest trading cryptocurrencies and it also scales to a very high degree. Nano cryptocurrency takes between 5-10 seconds to complete a transaction.
NEO cryptocurrency is another quick and high speed transaction platform. NEO crypto can process up to a speed of 1000tx/sec and it only takes 15 seconds to complete a transaction between traders.
BitPesa, a digital treasury management solution that leverages blockchain settlement to lower the cost and improve the speed of payments to and from frontier markets, has teamed with SBI Remit, Japan’s largest remittance service provider, to make it easier for Africans to buy Japanese products.
CHINA, RUSSIA, USA IN RACE TO USE BLOCKCHAIN FOR MILITARY OPERATIONS (Bitcoinist), Rated: A
NATO has been looking into blockchain’s use cases in regards to military logistics and procurement, and are also studying how it could mesh together with other cutting-edge concepts like the IoT.
Recently, the U.S. Naval Air Systems Command said they were looking into blockchain to help keep tabs on aviation parts, which could help lower the costs of operating and maintaining military aircraft.
Russian news sources in June wrote about the creation of a military research lab inside of the country dedicated to studying how blockchain can be used to detect and possibly counter cyber attacks.
One, published in 2016, advocated for blockchain to be used by Chinese defense and security officials for a variety of tasks, including for the storage of weapons lifecycle information and for general logistical improvements.
Zeex Expands Through Multiple New Partnerships (Global Coin Report), Rated: B
Zeex has inked a series of new deals with crypto wallet providers as a central element in the company’s move to revolutionize the wallet marketplace with its new proprietary gift card liquidity mechanism. Zeex has now signed deals with Bancor, Hooxi, Coinwall, Ginco, Sirin, and BreadWallet (BRD).
Ethereum (ETH) Reclaims The Number 2 Spot After XRP’s Recent Surge In The Markets (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
What then followed is that XRP surged from levels of around $0.27 on the 18th of September, to its most recent peak of $0.80 on the 21st of September. This was a 196% increment in three days and only considering the new peak value. In the process, XRP managedto edge out Ethereum (ETH) from the number 2 spot as reported on coinmarketcap.com.
Soon after XRP peaked at $0.80, the digital asset went through a correction that has the digital asset currently valued at $0.583. Ethereum on the other hand, is now valued at $245 and up $17 since XRP’s surge in the markets. This has allowed ETH to reclaim the number 2 spot with a $1.224 Billion lead over XRP in terms of market capitalization.
Ethereum Classic (ETC) Gaining Ground with Good News as Ethereum (ETH) Falters (Crypto Globalist), Rated: A
Now that Ethereum is about to fully implement proof of stake, miners are headed to Ethereum Classic. This will increase its adoption with a system that is now compatible with many IoT systems. The defining of the coins products is a sure fire that will act as its catalysts to its growth. As a daily day to day utility coin, Ethereum is set to change many businesses and lives toward the 4th industrial revolution via the new technology.
Binance Moves To Fix BNB Circulating Supply Discrepancies Reported On CMC (XBT Network), Rated: AAA
Cryptocurrency monitor CoinMarketCap reports that Binance Coin (BNB) currently has a circulating supply of $112.4 million while the official Binance website displays a circulating supply of 144.44 million.
Notified of the difference of about $32 million, Zhao announced that Binance Coin would be unlocked from the addresses of creators in order to balance out the values displayed by CoinMarketCap.
Switzerland Eases Crypto Regulations to Prevent Market Withdrawal (Unhashed), Rated: A
Switzerland has long been interested in the cryptocurrency market. However, despite regulators’ efforts, banks have been resistant in working with crypto-based projects. Because of this strict stance, crypto startups stemming from Switzerland are threatening to move to more friendly locations. This migration could prove fatal for the Swiss-crypto market, as the country is home to over 500 blockchain startups residing in its “Crypto Valley.”
Opera Launches Special ‘Labs’ Version of Built-In Crypto Wallet for Desktop Browser (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
Opera is launching today a “Labs” special edition of its desktop web browser with built-in crypto wallet functionality, according to an exclusive blog post shared with Cointelegraph Monday, September 24.
According to the blog post, the new edition will enable users to authenticate Web 3.0 and decentralized application (DApp) transactions made on their computer using their Android phone. “Labs” is therefore fully interoperable with the mobile crypto wallet that Opera first launched as part of its beta Opera for Android in July earlier this year.
UNICEF now accepting donations in cryptocurrencies (Coin Newspress), Rated: A
UNICEF France will now accept cryptocurrency from donors across the globe.
According to the statement released by French Media, the NGO said the donations will be in 9 cryptocurrencies, namely, bitcoin cash (BCH), bitcoin core (BTC), ethereum (ETH), litecoin (LTC), ripple (XRP), eos (EOS), monero (XMR), dash (DASH), and stellar (XLM).
Trezor Could Be Adding Tezos (XTZ) Support Soon! (Token Tops), Rated: A
Apparently, Trezor has been “baking” some exciting news for the Tezos community, as it has been noted by a Reddit user that the XTZ has been added into the master branch of Trezor’s core. “So I noticed that Tezos support has been merged into the master branch of trezor-core. Does this mean that Tezos support will launch soon? I’ve been holding off on baking until there is hardware wallet support. I’m excited!”
Dogecoin (DOGE) Defies Red Market, Posts Slight Gain (Ethereum World News), Rated: A
After a staggering rebound on Friday, the cryptocurrency market cooled heading into Saturday, as prices plateaued and saw a slight pullback from their weekly highs. Bitcoin, for one, moved back down to $6,680 from $6,780, while altcoins like Stellar Lumens, Cardano, Tron, and Neo saw 4% declines.
Vranova and Zucco Announce Creation of Bitcoin “B Foundation” (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: A
Bitcoin entrepreneurs Alena Vranova and Giacomo Zucco announced today that they are creating a foundation to help Bitcoin, an automated, autonomous payment network invented in 2009, compete with centralized cryptocurrency ventures.
Taiwan Politician Receives Cryptocurrency Donation In First-Ever (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
Per several unnamed sources, relayed by Taiwanese media, Hsiao Hsin-Chen, a Taipei-based politician, has just “made history” by becoming the first individual to accept a donation via cryptocurrency while running for a governmental position. According to the local news outlet, Taiwan News, Hsin-Chen is currently running for Taipei city council and opened up his campaign to donations from anyone and everyone.
As aforementioned, the politician has reportedly received 10,000 New Taiwan Dollars ($325 USD) worth of Bitcoin, which is apparently the stipulated limit for non-cash donations, like cryptocurrency, stock, etc, to any political-related campaign, as imposed by local rules and regulations.
Bitcoin and Ripple edge lower, but Stellar rockets on Circle (Fool.com.au), Rated: AAA
The Bitcoin (BTC) price is down 0.4% to US$6,682.93, reducing its market capitalisation to US$115.5 billion. The Bitcoin price has zoomed over 7% higher since Thursday despite the U.S. SEC delaying its decision on the ETF backed by investment firm VanEck and financial services company SolidX. The lack of an outright rejection may have given traders reason to be optimistic.
The Ethereum (ETH) price is up 0.4% to US$241.84, lifting its market capitalisation to US$24.7 billion.
The Ripple (XRP) price has edged 0.1% lower to 56.3 U.S. cents, reducing the alt coin’s market capitalisation to US$22.4 billion.
The Stellar (XLM) price has zoomed 15% higher, Litecoin(LTC) is up 0.3%, and Cardano (ADA) has jumped 7%. Whereas Tether (USDT) is down 0.1% and Monero(XMR) is off 0.7%.
XRP briefly dethrones Ether as second highest cap cryptocurrency (Finder), Rated: AAA
A lively weekend on the cryptocurrency markets saw continued rises, with the total cryptocurrency market cap now being up about US$20 billion from Thursday. XRP has continued to be the talk of the town, rising enough to briefly disrupt the long-held status quo and take second place by market cap, momentarily toppling Ether.
The position was short-lived though, as traders took advantage of the move to cash out, restoring the now-familiar hierarchy of the top three; bitcoin, Ether and XRP in that order. The last time this pattern changed was the very end of last year, on 29 December, as XRP prices briefly skyrocketed above US$3.
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao Mobbed During a Singapore Conference (Blokt), Rated: AAA
Changpeng Zhao had just finished his address on stage. As soon as he was leaving the stage, several people mobbed him, and the organizers had to call for security. The news was shared on Twitter by Coindesk Managing Director for Europe and Asia, Wong Joon Ian. He was later quoted by Changpeng Zhao, who wrote on Twitter:
“Today has to be the highest number of selfies I have taken in a single day. Thank you for your support guys!”
ICON Releases Mainnet 3.0 And 2nd Yellow Paper (Invest in Blockchain), Rated: A
With the release of its mainnet 3.0 on September 17, ICON can finally count itself amongst the ranks of smart contract platform cryptocurrencies, along with Ethereum, NEO, EOS, and many others.
Iceland’s Industry to Shift From Crypto Mining to ‘Pure Blockchain Business,’ Insiders Say (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
Iceland’s crypto industry is expected to move away from crypto mining and shift to “pure blockchain businesses.” This is according to forecasts made by a number of local industry insiders who talked to the news site Red Herring September 23.
IN ARGENTINA, INVESTORS FLOCK TO SAFE-HAVEN BITCOIN (Bitcoinist), Rated: AAA
The economic crisis in Argentina is driving investors to buy Bitcoin in order to protect their wealth, pushing the cryptocurrency’s price higher in-turn. In parallel, to satisfy the increasing demand, the first of 12 Bitcoin ATMs has already begun to operate in a Buenos Aires mall. The number of stores accepting Bitcoin also continues to rise.
Grupo XP – Brazil’s Biggest Independent Broker – Is Launching a Digital Currency Exchange (Smartereum), Rated: A
The parent firm of the largest independent broker in Brazil is planning to launch a digital currency trading platform in the country – according to Bloomberg. Grupo XP – which owns brokerage company XP Investimentos – is setting up a digital currency trading platform which would be launched in the coming months. According to the news source, the new exchange will support trading in Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH).