- Today’s main news: USDC stablecoin hits $5.5B transaction volume. Bitcoin flatlines as Litecoin rallies 8%. Ripple losses accelerate. Ethereum overtakes Ripple for 2nd spot. Binance earned $446M in profits in 2018. KuCoin adds credit card purchases.
- Today’s main analysis: Litecoin, Binance Coin, EOS, Dash, and Monero.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Will Bitcoin correct before next rally? Bitcoin will rally when dictators stop selling. 73 blockchain social good organizations. 16 blockchain disruptions. 10% of Ethereum Dapps are active daily.
- USDC stablecoin hits $5.5 billion transaction volume. A feather in the cap of Coinbase and Circle.
- Bitcoin will likely correct before a new rally. So Bitcoin rose slightly this past week over $3,700. Most analysts in the industry are expecting it to rise. Will it go down again before going higher?
- Bitcoin won’t rally until dictators quit selling. I’m not sure its the dictators holding Bitcoin back. It’s the natural ebbs and flows of the market, but this Forbes article is worth reading.
- Bitcoin flatlines as Litecoin rallies. Litecoin has struggled for a good year now. As Bitcoin declined, so did every other cryptocurrency, including Litecoin. When Bitcoin rose, Litecoin fell. Now, Litecoin has seen a rally that wasn’t tied to Bitcoin. What does it mean?
- XRP could accelerate losses. Ethereum rose, Ripple fell. It’s been an interesting week.
- Ripple donates $2 million to Kansas for crypto technology.
- Bitcoin Cash developer claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Litecoin surges over 7%.
- Litecoin moves up to 4th position.
- Ethereum Classic 51% attack leads to Metronome Token to deploy new contract.
- Rutgers professor doubts ethics of Bitcoin.
- How BitTorrent ICO has performed.
- How Elixxir is different.
- Harvard cryptographer says cryptocurrencies are useless.
- Donuts founder invests $1.2 million in Stably.
- Oracles can integrate off-chain data for compliant security tokens.
- Ethereum overtakes Ripple in rankings. Ethereum was at No. 2 for the longest time until Ripple overtook it last year. Now, Ethereum has jumped back in second place.
- Analysis of Litecoin, Binance Coin, EOS, Dash, and Monero. I find the BNB and Dash analyses most interesting.
- 73 blockchain social good organizations. A great list of social good organizations actually doing good things with crypto.
- 16 blockchain disruptions. Infographic.
- MtGox controls bigger Bitcoin market share than gold reserves at Swiss Central Bank.
- Golden elephants.
- Is mass adoption of crypto a threat to central banks’ authority?
- Cryptocurrencies will shed association with criminal activity when they go mainstream.
- Google Play removes app with “clipper” malware.
- 10% of Ethereum DApps are active daily.
- Binance earned $446 million in profits in 2018.
- Has Binance overcome is system issues?
- The Rising Blockchain magazine ranks Ethereum No. 2 among best protocols.
- The risks of blockchain regulation in Italy.
- European parliament member discusses benefits of blockchain, EU’s stance on digital assets.
- KuCoin adds credit card purchases.
- Cryptocurrency was the way out of South Korea’s lowest rungs.
- Blockchain education going mainstream in Phillipines.
- Liberty Korea Party partners with ioeX.
- United Kingdom: Barclays, Clearmatics ask coders to make blockchains talk to each other.
- Latin America: Venezuela regulates, taxes crypto remittances.
- Australia: Is Ripple too far ahead of its time?
- Canada: Bitcoin investor lost life savings in QuadrigaCX exchange.
- Australia: IBM blockchain platform live in Melbourne.
- Isreal: STX Technologies Limited says company not obligated to use investor money as claimed in whitepaper.
- UAE: Bolton Coin ICO offers profits for aggregated mining.
- United States
- USDC Stablecoin Reaches $ 5.5B Volume Milestone, Centre Outline Ambitions (Cryptoglobe), Rated: AAA
- BTC Could Correct Lower Before Fresh Rally (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Won’t Rally Until Dictators Stop Selling (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Cash Developer Amaury Sechet Claims He’s Satoshi Nakamoto, Was He Really Being Serious? (CCN), Rated: A
- Bitcoin Flatlines But Litecoin (LTC) Continues Rally With 8% Run (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- Litecoin (LTC) Price Surges Over 7% to Nearly $ 47 as it Continues its Upwards Surge (NewsBTC), Rated: A
- Litecoin (LTC) Grips The 4th Position In The Rating. Second Wind Coming? (Bitnews Today), Rated: A
- XRP Could Accelerate Losses Below 100 SMA (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Ethereum Classic [ETC] 51% attack leads Metronome Token to deploy new contract (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- Rutgers professor raises doubts on ethics of bitcoin, cryptocurrency (The Daily Targum), Rated: A
- From TRX to BTT: Justin Sun outsmarted crypto world again – ICO giving birth to another ICO (Decentral Post), Rated: A
- Elixxir is Different, so its Nodes are Different (Elixxir), Rated: A
- DONUTS FOUNDER LEADS $ 1.2M CRYPTO INVESTMENT IN SEATTLE STARTUP (Coin News Span), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies Are Useless According To Harvard Cryptographer Bruce Schneider (Smartereum), Rated: A
- How Oracles Can Integrate Off-Chain Data For Compliant Security Tokens (The Tokenist), Rated: A
- Company donates $ 2M to Kansas for cryptocurrency technology (KSNT), Rated: B
- Return of the Smart Contract Giant: Ethereum pushes Ripple to 3rd Spot (The Crypto Updates), Rated: AAA
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: Litecoin, Binance Coin, EOS, Dash, Monero (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- 73 Blockchain Social Good Organizations That Are Actually Doing Something (Breakermag), Rated: AAA
- 16 Blockchain Disruptions (Infographic) (Bitfortune), Rated: AAA
- MtGox Currently Controls Bigger Bitcoin Market share than the Gold Reserves of the Swiss Central Bank (CoinGape), Rated: A
- Golden elephants (Medium), Rated: A
- Is Mass Adoption of Cryptocurrencies A Threat To The Authority Of Central Banks? (BlockPublisher), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies Will Shed Their Association With Criminal Activity In The Mainstream, Says Digital Currency Advocate Caleb Chen (BlockPublisher), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency Stealing Malware Has Been Discovered On Google Play (Hot Hardware), Rated: B
- European Union
- Mere 10% Of Ethereum (ETH) DApps Are Active Daily (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- Binance Earned $ 446 Million In Profits In 2018, Latest Analysis Shows (Oracle Times), Rated: AAA
- Binance had system issue, CZ ensures funds are SAFU (Chepicap), Rated: A
- The Rising Blockchain Magazine Ranked Ethereum (ETH) Number 2 Among the Best Blockchain Protocols (Smartereum), Rated: A
- What are the Risks of Blockchain and Fintech Regulation Policy in Italy? (Coin Idol), Rated: A
- European Parliament member talks about the benefits of blockchain and EU’s stance on digital assets (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- United Kingdom
- Barclays and Clearmatics Call on Coders to Help Blockchains Talk to Each Other (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
- Is Ripple too far ahead of its time? (Finder), Rated: AAA
- IBM Blockchain Platform now live in Melbourne (ZDNet), Rated: A
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Adds Credit Card Purchases for Major Cryptos (CryptoGlobe), Rated: AAA
- Cryptocurrency Was Their Way Out of South Korea’s Lowest Rungs. They’re Still Trying. (The New York Times), Rated: A
- Blockchain Education in the Philippines Going Mainstream (Fintech News), Rated: A
- Liberty Korea Party partners with ioeX to use blockchain technology in youth committee election (Token Post), Rated: B
- Latin America
- Venezuela Starts Regulating and Taxing Crypto Remittances (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Investor Lost Life Savings When QuadrigaCX Didn’t Issue $ 422,000 Withdrawal (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Floyd Mayweather-Backed ICO Responds to Lawsuit: ‘Investors Have No Ownership Rights’ (Cryptoglobe), Rated: A
- BOLTOIN Coin ICO Promises Reliable Profits Through Aggregated Mining (The Independent Republic), Rated: A
USDC Stablecoin Reaches $ 5.5B Volume Milestone, Centre Outline Ambitions (Cryptoglobe), Rated: AAA
Centre, a joint venture of Coinbase and Circle, celebrated the milestone of $5.5 billion worth of transactions using their their USDC stablecoin, by issuing a “State of USDC” synopsis of the crypto’s life thus far.
BTC Could Correct Lower Before Fresh Rally (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
In the weekly analysis, we saw a solid upward move above $3,500 in bitcoin price against the US Dollar. The BTC/USD pair even broke the $3,600 and $3,650 resistance levels. A fresh yearly high was formed at $3,745 and the price settled above the 100 hourly simple moving average. Later, the price started a downside correction and traded below the $3,700 and $3,650 levels. There was a break below the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last wave from the $3,341 low to $3,745 high.
Bitcoin Won’t Rally Until Dictators Stop Selling (Forbes), Rated: AAA
Maybe it is a coincidence that Bitcoin’s recent slide that started in early January just as Venezuelan bonds started rallying on hopes that Juan Guaido could be a credible replacement for Maduro. The first serious mentions of Guaido occurred on January 5, but they didn’t get real traction until January 10. Bitcoin was above $4,000 on January 9 and fell as low as $3,360 this past week, before bouncing nicely on Friday. The Venezuelan 7% bonds due in 2038 were trading at 23 cents on the dollar on January 9 and rallied as high as 32 this past week. They declined as during the week as Bitcoin rallied.
Starting at the end of July 2018, Turkish Lira collapsed by 40% in just a couple of weeks. Bitcoin tumbled 25% in roughly the same time period as it dropped from over $8,000 to barely $6,000 (it has not traded as high as $8,000 since then).
Bitcoin Cash Developer Amaury Sechet Claims He’s Satoshi Nakamoto, Was He Really Being Serious? (CCN), Rated: A
The Bitcoin community will be rolling its eyes right about now. Bitcoin Cash developer Amaury Sechet, the self-described “benevolent dictator” of the Bitcoin ABC (primary) implementation of BCH, has claimed he is Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin Flatlines But Litecoin (LTC) Continues Rally With 8% Run (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
Bitcoin is flatlining. Ever since Litecoin (LTC) surged by 30% on Friday, sparking a widespread, yet extremely brief digital asset rally, the seas have calmed.
According to Coin Price Watch, Litecoin is currently valued at $47.3 apiece and is up 8.75% in the past day. Save for Binance Coin (BNB) and Cardano (ADA), LTC is the only notable mover in the top cryptocurrency standings.
Litecoin (LTC) Price Surges Over 7% to Nearly $ 47 as it Continues its Upwards Surge (NewsBTC), Rated: A
At the time of writing, Litecoin (LTC) is trading up over 7% at its current price of $46.8. LTC is up significantly from its weekly lows of $32, which were set earlier last week before the cryptocurrency began climbing.
Litecoin (LTC) Grips The 4th Position In The Rating. Second Wind Coming? (Bitnews Today), Rated: A
One of the most unforseen and impressive consequences of the recent crypto bull run can be the return of Litecoin (LTC) to the TOP of the leaders. The “silver” crypto moved from the 7th position in the rating to the 4th almost instantly, in 24 hours.
If you look at the dynamics over the past 7 days, then Litecoin stands grandly in the “green” zone of the TOP-10, adding 32% in capitalization and increasing the gap with the closest contender which is EOS.
XRP Could Accelerate Losses Below 100 SMA (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
The recent uptrend in bitcoin and Ethereumhelped ripple price is climbing above $0.3000 against the US Dollar. The XRP/USD pair broke the $0.3100 resistance level and traded towards the $0.3200 level. A high was formed at $0.3199 and later the price corrected lower. It moved below the $0.3150 support and 50% Fib retracement level of the last wave from the $0.2864 low to $0.3199 high. The price even broke the $0.3000 support once and tested the 100 hourly simple moving average.
Ethereum Classic [ETC] 51% attack leads Metronome Token to deploy new contract (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
Metronome [MET] token, that operates on the Ethereum platform released an update on a Medium blog and commented on the Ethereum Classic network’s 51% attack that happened earlier this year and what steps are they going to take.
The ETC network was hit by a 51% attack on January 5, where the attackers rented the required hash power to control the network.
Rutgers professor raises doubts on ethics of bitcoin, cryptocurrency (The Daily Targum), Rated: A
Tobey Karen Scharding, a visiting assistant professor at the University and a fellow at the Rutgers Business School Institute of Ethical Leadership, said Bitcoin was a “token of value” that differs from other forms of currency due to how it is given value. She first became interested in the topic due to its ethical concerns, and was fascinated around it happening in real time.
The controversy surrounding Bitcoin’s value depends on whether it is a “fiat” currency, which means it only has value due to general consensus. Bitcoin, as well as other cryptocurrencies, can be considered a fiat currency because people agree that it has value. This label is a way to legitimize Bitcoin, even though it may not technically be real.
From TRX to BTT: Justin Sun outsmarted crypto world again – ICO giving birth to another ICO (Decentral Post), Rated: A
The TRON Foundation acquired BitTorrent for $140 million last year. They raised $7.2 million in the BTT ICO and their price rose 900% in a matter of days.
In less than half an hour, the BitTorrent token raised $7.8 million in net earnings with tokens from TRON and Binance Coin. The value of BTT has skyrocketed 870% since its launch and today its price is 0.000967 US cents, after it had its first drop of 14% between 5 and 6 February.
Elixxir is Different, so its Nodes are Different (Elixxir), Rated: A
Two weeks ago, specifications for Elixxir’s BetaNet nodes were released. The community has been quick to point out that the Elixxir node hardware requirements are different from other existing nodes. Many were understandably surprised by the requirements: a powerful GPU, multi core CPU, significant disk space, and massive bandwidth are all at odds with requirements from other well known platforms. But Elixxir is a fundamentally different platform, and it should come at no surprise that its infrastructure is fundamentally different as well.
DONUTS FOUNDER LEADS $ 1.2M CRYPTO INVESTMENT IN SEATTLE STARTUP (Coin News Span), Rated: A
The idea has caught the eye of Paul Stahura, co-founder of domain registrar firms like Donuts and eNom. He’s leading a $1.2 million spherical in Seattle startup Stably, that these days proclaimed the Series A investment.
Cryptocurrencies Are Useless According To Harvard Cryptographer Bruce Schneider (Smartereum), Rated: A
Cryptocurrencies and the underlying blockchain technologyhave faced a lot of criticism over the years. This isn’t a surprise as every technology must find some form of resistance before it is massively embraced. The most recent attack on the cryptocurrency industry was from Bruce Schneier, a Harvard cryptographer who bashed Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in an op-ed interview.
According to Schneier, only nefarious individuals and groups have a use for cryptocurrencies.
How Oracles Can Integrate Off-Chain Data For Compliant Security Tokens (The Tokenist), Rated: A
The most critical aspect of security tokens is the introduction of compliance to blockchain-based assets.
Since security tokens feature the tokenization of real-world assets, compliance undoubtedly involves off-chain data, meaning data which is external to a blockchain network.
Company donates $ 2M to Kansas for cryptocurrency technology (KSNT), Rated: B
A Silicon Valley company has donated $2 million to the University of Kansas to support research related to cryptocurrency and digital payments, such as Bitcoin.
The university says in a news release that the donation from Ripple will provide $400,000 each year for five years. It will go to the Information and Telecommunication Technology Center at the Kansas School of Engineering.
Return of the Smart Contract Giant: Ethereum pushes Ripple to 3rd Spot (The Crypto Updates), Rated: AAA
Ethereum(ETH) has reclaimed it’s position as the second largest cryptocurrency, pushing Ripple(XRP) back to the 3rd spot, accompanied with a $200 million lead on XRP’s market cap. XRP held to the 2nd spot for a good one month.
Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: Litecoin, Binance Coin, EOS, Dash, Monero (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
The sharp uptick in the price has pushed the LTC/USD pair above the first resistance of the downtrend line. It is currently at the 20-week EMA, above which it will face selling at $47.246. A break out of this is likely to carry the pair to the 50-week SMA at $82.
We had recommended a buy on a close (UTC time frame) above the 20-week EMA in our previous analysis. However, with this week’s surge, the BNB/USD pair has reached close to the overhead resistance zone of $10–$12. Initiating long positions at the current levels doesn’t give us a good risk-to-reward ratio.
The EOS/USD pair has been trading in a tight range for the past six weeks. The bulls are attempting to form a higher low around $2.1733. On the upside, the zone of $3.2081–$3.8723 is likely to act as a stiff resistance. The 20-week EMA is also located in this zone.
After making a yearly low of $56.214, the DASH/USD pair has been attempting to hold above $64 for the past four weeks. A couple of attempts to break the support level have failed. We now expect the bulls to stage a small recovery.
73 Blockchain Social Good Organizations That Are Actually Doing Something (Breakermag), Rated: AAA
As with any lofty idea that touts “blockchain” or accepts crypto, people likely will (and should) take promises of “blockchain for social good” with a grain of salt. “Blockchain” connotes hype-riding publicity plays. Crypto-acceptance screams “scammer.” Yet many seemingly genuine organizations claim blockchain technology as an integral part of their missions to save the world—from environmental perils, from poverty, and from its biggest threat of all, humanity.
At BREAKERMAG, we waded through numerous nonprofits, for profits, startups, and established institutions to look for organizations that are using blockchain technology with deeply positive intentions.
The organizations we looked at are in varying stages of development. According to an April 2018 Stanford Graduate School of Business report that looked at 193 organizations using blockchain for social impact, 74 percent are still in “pilot” mode.
16 Blockchain Disruptions (Infographic) (Bitfortune), Rated: AAA
As mentioned earlier, different industries will have different benefits from implementing blockchain technology, and that is what this infographic is all about.
MtGox Currently Controls Bigger Bitcoin Market share than the Gold Reserves of the Swiss Central Bank (CoinGape), Rated: A
Now, Tuur Demeester, the Founding partner at Adamant Capital, has calculated the Bitcoin circulating supply in equivalence of Central banks’ gold reserves and shared the following data.
“Allows for fun comparisons, e.g.: The MtGox Trustee currently controls 137,891 BTC, which is bigger in terms of market share than the gold reserves of the Swiss central bank.”
Golden elephants (Medium), Rated: A
First though perhaps we should look at what the gold standard was in the conventional financial world, where gold reserves once underpinned almost everything. These days, the approximated value of gold amounts to around USD 11 trillion, equating to something like 190,000 tonnes of gold in the world. That sounds like a lot, but is actually only the weight of thirty elephants! Thirty solid gold elephants doesn’t sound quite so much does it? The figures are approximated because gold has been in circulation for so long that no-one knows how much is really hidden, lost, or in family and personal collections — in the form of jewelry for example. What we do know is that the price of gold is relatively stable, compared to many currencies, and indeed there are even a host of cryptos backed by gold. Part of the attraction is that ‘gold is gold is gold’ (although in reality, around the world, gold does have variations in quality, and therefore value).
Is Mass Adoption of Cryptocurrencies A Threat To The Authority Of Central Banks? (BlockPublisher), Rated: A
In addition to being unable to get sorted into a pre existing category of regulation, the governments have been reluctant to provide regulation. Some have outrightly banned the use of cryptocurrencies which includes Russia, China, and Thailand. These countries have banned the use of cryptocurrencies and made all associated activity illegal.
Cryptocurrencies Will Shed Their Association With Criminal Activity In The Mainstream, Says Digital Currency Advocate Caleb Chen (BlockPublisher), Rated: A
Ever since Bitcoin and several other cryptocurrencies made their debut there have been mixed emotions about them all over the world. Some have deemed it to be a great replacement to the fiat, some call it digital gold, whereas some of the people have taken a pretty harsh stance against the digital currencies. No doubt cryptocurrencies provide a better way of carrying out monetary transactions, and keep the record of these transactions utterly tamper proof, but there are a number of reasons for the masses to not adopt cryptocurrencies to utilize them to make their everyday payments and transactions.
Cryptocurrency Stealing Malware Has Been Discovered On Google Play (Hot Hardware), Rated: B
Hold onto your wallet. Researchers at ESET have discovered the first known instance of a relatively new strain of cryptocurrency-stealing malware, called a “clipper”, on the Google Play Store. They reported their findings to the Play Store’s security team on February 1st, who quickly took down the offending application.
Clipper is also able to snatch a user’s credentials and private keys off the clipboard. Once the attacker has this information, they are able to impersonate the user to siphon funds directly and irreversibly. This is one reason why cryptocurrency experts have long recommended users to store the bulk of their balance in offline cold-storage, and only keep a minimal balance on mobile wallets for daily use.
Mere 10% Of Ethereum (ETH) DApps Are Active Daily (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
Decentralized applications (DApps) were long hailed as one of the leading use cases for blockchain technologies. Through smart contracts, whether it be on Ethereum, EOS, Tron, or otherwise, the worlds’ current processes could be put on a blockchain, thus creating a society built on decentralization.
Per the same data set, 13% of the utilized applications had more than 100,000 transactions in the past 24 hours, while 19% had somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000 transactions.
Binance Earned $ 446 Million In Profits In 2018, Latest Analysis Shows (Oracle Times), Rated: AAA
Even if Binance did not disclose the details of their earnings so far, The Blockwas able to find out how much the company earned by factoring the burn rate of the Binance BNB token,reports CryptoGlobe.
The Block’s analysis determined that the company made $446 million throughout 2018.
Binance had system issue, CZ ensures funds are SAFU (Chepicap), Rated: A
Over the past few weeks BNB has gone from strength to strength, barely straying from a continued upward trajectory, and finally, today, setting a highly coveted and brand new all-time high of 0.00264172 BTC ($9.64) for the BNB/BTC pair.
The Rising Blockchain Magazine Ranked Ethereum (ETH) Number 2 Among the Best Blockchain Protocols (Smartereum), Rated: A
According to reports, one magazine has ranked Ethereum (ETH), number 2 on their top-10 best Blockchain protocols with number one digital asset by market capitalization Bitcoin (BTC) left out of their list altogether. It is the most recent issue of the Rising Blockchain magazine that listed Ethereum (ETH) as the second-best Blockchain protocol leaving out the almighty Bitcoin (BTC).
What are the Risks of Blockchain and Fintech Regulation Policy in Italy? (Coin Idol), Rated: A
The Italian government has obtained the approval of the Simplification decree from the Chamber, which describes the use of distributed ledger technologies. The paper contains, among other things, strict definitions of DLT and smart contract. It is considered by many a very important attempt of giving the first answers to a line of questions about blockchain, its applications, and further development.
European Parliament member talks about the benefits of blockchain and EU’s stance on digital assets (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
Eva Kaili spoke at a Ripple Regionals event organized by Ripple at a hotel in London. Eva Kaili, a member of the European Parliament spoke about Blockchain technology and how it’s disrupting a lot of the sectors and gave an insight into her entry into blockchain.
Barclays and Clearmatics Call on Coders to Help Blockchains Talk to Each Other (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
U.K. bank Barclays and London-based startup Clearmatics are inviting coders to come up with ways to connect ethereum with made-for-enterprise blockchains such as Hyperledger Fabric.
The interoperability challenge is being hosted by Clearmatics and will use a template involving its open-source interoperability protocol, Ion. The hackathon will take place at the Barclays Rise fintech hub in London on February 5 and 6.
Is Ripple too far ahead of its time? (Finder), Rated: AAA
- Swift’s new GPI is still functionally quite limited, but is seeing much more uptake than Ripple in a shorter time.
- An immature cryptocurrency ecosystem and the regulatory climate are posing obstacles for Ripple.
- Swift and Ripple are both competing to roll out their systems to as many partners as possible. Safe, boring and easy options might have an advantage here.
As Swift and Ripple vie for the future of cross-border payments, an article published in American Banker has shed some light onto the obstacles facing both brands. At the same time, Swift has taken a step towards blockchain by linking its payments standard – GPI, or Global Payments Innovation – to R3’s Corda blockchain.
IBM Blockchain Platform now live in Melbourne (ZDNet), Rated: A
IBM has made its blockchain platform available out of the IBM data centre in Melbourne, allowing customers to run their applications on the company’s cloud and abide by data sovereignty requirements.
The platform will also be available via the data centre in Sydney by the end of March, with head of blockchain and consulting practice leader for IBM in Australia and New Zealand Rupert Colchester saying the reason for a second location is largely for availability and redundancy.
Crypto Exchange KuCoin Adds Credit Card Purchases for Major Cryptos (CryptoGlobe), Rated: AAA
Singapore-based digital asset exchange KuCoin has added support for purchasing cryptocurrencies with credit cards.
Cryptocurrency Was Their Way Out of South Korea’s Lowest Rungs. They’re Still Trying. (The New York Times), Rated: A
Blockchain Education in the Philippines Going Mainstream (Fintech News), Rated: A
Be it formal or casual, blockchain education is becoming a regular thing in the Philippines although its usage in different sectors, education in itself, has yet to be applied.
Liberty Korea Party partners with ioeX to use blockchain technology in youth committee election (Token Post), Rated: B
South Korea’s main opposition Liberty Korea Party has entered into a partnership with Taiwanese startup ioeX to implement a blockchain-based voting system.
Venezuela Starts Regulating and Taxing Crypto Remittances (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
The Venezuelan government has begun regulating cryptocurrency remittances. The regulator has set a monthly limit and will be collecting commissions of up to 15 percent of the transaction amount. Additionally, new details of its comprehensive registry of crypto service providers have been announced.
Bitcoin Investor Lost Life Savings When QuadrigaCX Didn’t Issue $ 422,000 Withdrawal (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
In a matter of weeks, the demise of QuadrigaCX, once Canada’s largest Bitcoin exchange, has reached the front pages of mainstream media outlets worldwide. Bloomberg, Reuters, and Fox Business are among the mass of notable outlets that have covered this debacle.
Zou, who believes that it isn’t curtains closed for the $422,000 that he is owed, is currently coordinating class-action efforts with his fellow victims, who have purportedly turned to Bennet Jones LLP and McInnes Cooper.
Floyd Mayweather-Backed ICO Responds to Lawsuit: ‘Investors Have No Ownership Rights’ (Cryptoglobe), Rated: A
Respond to a recently filed lawsuit Moshe Hogeg, an Israeli cryptocurrency entrepreneur, revealed his company has no obligation ot use investor’s funds as claimed in its whitepaper, and that “investors have no ownership rights in the cryptocurrency company they invest in.”
BOLTOIN Coin ICO Promises Reliable Profits Through Aggregated Mining (The Independent Republic), Rated: A
The BOLTON Coin initial coin offering (ICO) is gearing up for its big launch on April 15. With private sales ending on February 28, the team behind BOLTON Coni (BFCL) are now in a race to explain the nuances of their platform. Put simply, the developers need to answer the question “what is the BOLTCOIN Coin ICO” before April 15. Why? Because, according to the PR material, it’s a completely new concept within the crypto sphere.
In simple terms, the BFCL ICO will be a chance for investors to join a unique mining platform. Unlike other initial coin offerings such as those hosted by Envion and WePower, BOLTON Coin derives its value from other assets.